JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello;
Thanks for allowing me to be a member of this firearms organization. I am a 42 year old law enforcement officer married with two boy I love more than life. I serve my Lord Jesus Christ daily. I have been a hunter in Alabama since I was seven and I am now introducing the great outdoors to my two boys. I would appreicate some opinions from the experts about a pistol I recently purchased. I bought a Ruger "Security Six" blue, .357 with original grips (something the saleman thought was a big deal) probably just a sales pitch. But I would be most grateful if you all could give me you opinion on what type of revolver this is as far a quality, durability etcetera. I paid 300 for it by the way so thank you very much for any and all information given about this pistol. God bless. Big C

Graybay Welcome to the forum!
Mine shot straight, in fact it shot straighter than my mod 66 duty gun back in the day. I thought I liked that gun [ 4'' S&W Mod 66 SS ] until some guy sold me his 4'' blued security six for ninety dollars. That gun shot well and way better than my S&W. This was back about the late 1970s.
Welcome to the forum
Silver Hand

One of my sad moments in life was selling my 4" Security Six in SS, to my brother, I did not want it "out of the family", how did I know he would develop "sometimers" and Forget I wanted to buy it back someday, now he don't remember Where He put it, at least that is His story ;)

About your Security Six: as long as the cylinder lock up is good, you have a fine revolver, one of their best designs, in my opinion....

I loaded it from 98 Grain Semi-wad cutters (110 Gr, cast in linotype) to 175 Grain Keith style Wadcutters.... all with an old Lee Loader, I wish I could even get that back!

the 98 grain SWC was "no recoil" and did rabbits nice... that was on 20 acres I once owned in Republic, WA.

the 175 Grain Keith style Wadcutters were for the bears in the neighborhood, I was really boondocks then, my nearest neighbor was a Mile in the summer, and for the Winter, my wife said "our nearest neighbor was a Tree" I think she needed more social life.....

Any way, 175 home cast, was a very stout load for a Four Inch Barrel, but the Security Six did not mind the Roar!

Uhh, change out those "Factory grips" if you really want to shoot it bunches, A Houge (spelling) grip, wrap around the frame felt nice to my rather larger than normal hands (wedding ring was a size 11)

philip

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads