JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I keep having the urge to suppress our Walther PPK/S (in .380 ACP / 9×17㎜ Corto). This handy little pistol:

fellow.jpg

Two part question:

• What aftermarket / custom threaded barrel?
  • What super-duper small, micro-can for said?
Many thanks friends.

I keep having the urge to clean the Vaseline off the lens of your potato.

LOL! Sometimes your statements are delightfully crazy. I cannot make sense of this one, particularly the reference to a potato. Oh well, to quote Salvador Dalí "Surrealism is destructive, but it destroys only what it considers to be shackles limiting our vision."

What were we talking about? Oh, right, very small, 9㎜ silencers. Perhaps the Gemtech Aurora 2 would work?

gemtech-a2-rndz-solo.jpg

IMG_6946.jpg

I just learned of this one this evening, between handling other affairs, so I suppose I will be having to researching this one in the coming days.

LOL! Sometimes your statements are delightfully crazy. I cannot make sense of this one, particularly the reference to a potato. Oh well, to quote Salvador Dalí "Surrealism is destructive, but it destroys only what it considers to be shackles limiting our vision."

What were we talking about? Oh, right, very small, 9㎜ silencers. Perhaps the Gemtech Aurora 2 would work?

View attachment 484722

View attachment 484723

I just learned of this one this evening, between handling other affairs, so I suppose I will be having to researching this one in the coming days.

I think it works ok for about 30 rounds or so, then you send it back to Gemtech and they install new wipes for a nominal fee. Kind of an "emergency" use suppressor... Maybe some use in a fighter pilots gear if he has to bail/or gets shot down etc...???

I think it works ok for about 30 rounds or so, then you send it back to Gemtech and they install new wipes for a nominal fee. Kind of an "emergency" use suppressor... Maybe some use in a fighter pilots gear if he has to bail/or gets shot down etc...???

30 rounds? Yeah. No.

I believe @Tully Mars may have the solution to all your needs with this one! He and I have been discussing/plotting another couple of pistols, and there has been a sudden need for top quality barrels to complete them! As for a suppressor, you really wanna do your home work, speciffically toward the Maxim designs and who does a current version! :D:D:D

Let me know if you find a way to do this. I have one that used to be my EDC gun but has been collecting dust since I went to a polymer EDC gun. Might be a fun project if it isn't too expensive.

speak El'Deafie?

LOL! Putting aside the fact his raison d'être is that he "doesn't click", his manner of communication is most certainly unique. (I'm still not to sure what to do to with this advice concerning our many planted potatoes or what it has to do with our pistols, some suppressed, and some not. It is all good friends. :p)

IRONY (noun) The man who doesn't click gives us something to click.

Rather than have to click, in his comment, potato refers to your camera (an old film type), and vaseline was commonly used to give a soft blur to images, adds a "romantic" effect. Think of old pictures of Genevieve Bujold, Raquel Welch, or Sofia Loren.
Translated: your photo sucks and is out of focus.

[edit to add] Potato is contemporary slang for a sub-par piece of equipment for a given task. My son has my old engineering laptop, a six year old HP I7 Gen I. My Sig Mosquito has a broken extractor. Both are deemed "potato".

Last Edited: