JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just recently purchased a TEC 9. Great shape; but I haven't fired it yet. Yes, I've read the comments and horror stories pertaining to it's unreliability. I shot one at a firing range in the early 90's. It was fun. No jams. I want to change the upper to resemble the KG-9. So, replace the cheap stamped sights with a fixed blade front sight and a driftable rear sight. I also want to machine a safety notch like the KG-9 to act as a bolt hold open. Last, I'm going to upgrade the bolt handle to a stronger steel with a knurled handle. Again looking like the KG-9. I'm not worried about the threaded barrel. I'm not trying to pass this off as a KG-9. I just want to incorporate the best of both designs.

I drilled out the plug welds on the front and rear sights; but the sights would not come off. I'm assuming the sights are also brazed on; or there's just enough of the remaining weld to hold the sights to the upper. I have searched online and have not found anyone attempting this. I understand why; as it's not revered as a quality firearm.

IMG_4008.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top