JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That would be neato if one could repurpose Suomi mags. I vaguely recall they were available in abundance for decent cost some years back, but don't know what the current market is.

I didn't think tec-9's were supposed to fire.
funny fellow
I've only had this one for a week now, but learned much
for one, they can't be dry fired with the OEM mild steel firing pin, I think that's what happened to this one
and you can't shoot one hanging on to the 32 rnd mag - causes FTF
and they were designed for 115 gn ammo ONLY
but mine has a Polymer buffer glued to the buffer plate

explain, please
which mag and how to adapt it

have to grind flat the front plate grind off the back plate and relocate the mag catch, and the front need some radius work to fit the tec tube

way to hot to work on the road today - over 100 deg out here
and way to hot to take the AB 10 out - early in the morning before the Sun is over the trees is best

read every blog and watched every video I could find on the Tec 9/AB 10
already know I don't have a FTF or FTE problem, I've manually cycled 40 rnds through it
the AB 10 has a polished feed ramp
it has a new style extractor
new firing pin installed and tested
new polymer buffer installed
I have a factory OEM 32 rnd mag, loaded to only 20 rnds
it's scrubbed clean and lubed
115 gn ammo only
that covers over 80% of the reasons the series was reported to not work

I read the AB 10 came with 10 rnd mags and I have found ZERO reports of an AB 10 failing with those mags - they just don't look as cool

we shall see

OK, fine
couldn't wait until tomorrow - a mild 83 out on our range
120 rnds - Remington, Federal and Winchester - 115 gn loads
20 rnds per mag
the only issue we noted was you have to give the mag a healthy TAP to get it to seat
you can't lock the bolt back, so your loading the mag against the bolt

no failure at all
and it's not that hard to control - with the heavy 32 rnd mag up front it controls muzzle flip quite well
and with a 2" bbl, there is no firearm twist when you fire
trigger is long, but not bad, if you're used to a Glock
can keep a 20 rnd string in a 10" paper plate at 20'

How's the horizontal stringing?

Gangster_Grip_ftrd_img.png

I don't really understand the allure. The Interdynamic MP-9 was a decent submachinegun featuring a shoulder stock and forward grip. By the time you remove the stock, grip and full auto you end up with pistol that is huge, heavy and hard to aim.

I don't really understand the allure. The Interdynamic MP-9 was a decent submachinegun featuring a shoulder stock and forward grip. By the time you remove the stock, grip and full auto you end up with pistol that is huge, heavy and hard to aim.
They used to be dirt cheap, and easy to convert to rock n roll.

Now it's more like buying original Air Jordans.

it's just a piece of American firearm history
but it is fun to blow off 30 rnds of 9mm
due to the weight, there is minimal recoil and almost no muzzle climb, easy to keep on target, that is a 10" paper plate at 20'

I got mine in the early 90s, Intratec Tec 9 was one of the coolest looking tactical pistol at the time. Because of a mass killing on July 1, 1993 at a San Francisco high rise, the Tec9 had gotten really popular. The guy had 2 Tec9 in each hands kills 8 co-workers plus the himself and wounding 6 others.

Everybody was wanting to get one and any kind of Black looking tactical weapon with high capacity mags. Shortly after this killing, on Sept. 1994 the Biden Crime Bill ( Assault Weapon Ban) was passed. Resulting in Intratec to close.

The Tec9 that I got was a piece of junk. I recalled jamming issues. Haven't fired it for many years. About 4 years ago, I inspected it after stored in a safe (garage) and found the lower plastic receiver was almost completely cracked in half. Cheap plastic cracked under the stress of long term temperature changes.

I got mine in the early 90s, Intratec Tec 9 was one of the coolest looking tactical pistol at the time. Because of a mass killing on July 1, 1993 at a San Francisco high rise, the Tec9 had gotten really popular. The guy had 2 Tec9 in each hands kills 8 co-workers plus the himself and wounding 6 others.

Everybody was wanting to get one and any kind of Black looking tactical weapon with high capacity mags. Shortly after this killing, on Sept. 1994 the Biden Crime Bill ( Assault Weapon Ban) was passed. Resulting in Intratec to close.

The Tec9 that I got was a piece of junk. I recalled jamming issues. Haven't fired it for many years. About 4 years ago, I inspected it after stored in a safe (garage) and found the lower plastic receiver was almost completely cracked in half. Cheap plastic cracked under the stress of long term temperature changes.
Yes!! Thank you for pointing out the thing is trash. I've had multiple and they are all trash. Your analysis is similar to my experiences.

I read many horror stories about the Tec 9, I don't doubt these
Intratec went back into production after the ban ended with the model I have, the AB-10
was delivered with a 10 rnd magazine and several internal changes, like a polished feed ramp, new design extractor and buffer
I read of many failures of the cheep plastic lower assy, this one has a polymer lower and stainless steel upper
I am also fortunate to have an original Intratec 32 rnd magazine that feeds well, I read many stories of Tec 9 mag not working
in one video, 3 out of 5 new mags didn't work right out of the box, even the first round stovepiped
a friend who has a KG9 tells me I must have one of the few late model AB 10s that works
I can live with that

but I would not pay the going rate for one of these today, I received it to repair and so far the owner doesn't want it back or pay for the repairs
and it only comes out of the gunsafe to be shot on my property

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads