JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there anyone here who's a TCGC member who participates in these? From the looks of past matches, they seem to draw fewer than a dozen shooters. I'd love to shoot in one, but I'd need a sponsoring member to get me in to it. Anyone interested in doing one with me?

I am a TCGC member and a regular shooter in these matches, they are a great time! The next match is this Saturday but my attendance is questionable due to a high power match at another club. This Saturday's match is the 40 round match with 20 slow prone and 20 slow standing with 5 sighters. Bring any vintage rifle and 45 rounds of ammo and you will be good to go. As far as a "sponsoring member", I doubt you will need one to get in. Contact Frank Burke via the TCGC website just to be sure, he is the match director. For other questions, feel free to send me a PM and I can help out, we always welcome new shooters!

Ted...

Ted,

Perhaps "sponsoring member" was a poor choice of words. At any rate, this is what Richard Cavalli sent me via e-mail when I inquired about shooting in the VMR matches:

"TCGC is a private Club, and in general only members and their guests shoot here. If you have a friend who is a member and is willing to host you, they can let you know when the matches are and accompany you here."

So, there you have it. Any ideas?

Ted,

Perhaps "sponsoring member" was a poor choice of words. At any rate, this is what Richard Cavalli sent me via e-mail when I inquired about shooting in the VMR matches:

"TCGC is a private Club, and in general only members and their guests shoot here. If you have a friend who is a member and is willing to host you, they can let you know when the matches are and accompany you here."

So, there you have it. Any ideas?

If you want to just come to TCGC and use the range you must either be a member or guest of a member.

If you want to compete in a match contact the match director and they will give you the gate code for that match and you are good to go. You don't need to be a member or a guest to compete in a match.

Lange,

Thank you! I was under the impression that this was the case. I'll get a hold of Frank Burke as 415DET suggested.

Now that's out of the way, anyone interested in going?

I am not a member of TCGC but I shoot the Vintage Rifle Matches regularly. Great group of guys and they welcome new shooters.
I just shot the Vintage Rifle/Pistol match this last Saturday. Contact Frank for info. Frank's E-mail-------------------
[email protected] <broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

I met Frank through another forum and he invited me to the May 25th match. My first 'match' ever. Fun and learning experience for me. And hard work - I got to work the pits :)

It's shot at 200 yards with 5V targets. I went to have fun, which I did, as I've never done competition before and had to figure out my prone, sitting and standing techniques on the fly. Also, one of the kind members loaned me a mat and spotting scope. If you shoot these regularly, you'll want a mat and scope. I'll definitely go back and intend to get more serious about the competition aspect of it.

Anyone have a match schedule for 2014?
I've wanted to participate for a long time, but it is difficult to get weekends off from work. I might be able to do one this month, if something is taking place.

Gaijin,

Bring whatever rifle you have. Tri-County does have monthly "themes" for each match, but is not required to bring that type of rifle. Folks bring out all kinds of cool stuff to shoot, it is like a gun show and match in the same day. I either bring my M1 or my 1903 to every match. The idea is to bring out those old war horses and see what they can do and have some fun doing it. The 80 round matches (4th Saturday) are a bit more of a challenge because you have two rapid fires stages, prone and seated, but it is great time no matter what. I agree with Ron, get out there and shoot!!

Thanks! I'll plan on bringing a 1903A3, Swede Mauser, and an Enfield. Of course, I know I will end up shooting just one of them.
I just submitted a request to have 4/26 off from work, and hopefully, it will be approved!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top