JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
BAC10BB4-664C-463C-AA0A-A971AC6BF1C4.jpeg

Sold pending funds

This is a virtually new 308 encore pistol in that I shot less than 5 rounds thru. Simmons 2-6x32 pistol scope,rail,rings included for total price of $470.00 In Roseburg.
Thank you
Joe

Last Edited:
I've always liked the idea of one of these, but don't know a ton about them. Can the pistols be converted to rifle configuration if one orders the stock and barrel? Interested in any trades?

I've always liked the idea of one of these, but don't know a ton about them. Can the pistols be converted to rifle configuration if one orders the stock and barrel? Interested in any trades?
I'm 98% sure they can as I did check into this at one point, more for legality, and again I believe all was good on all counts. The action should be fine. There is adifference between encore and contender as to what calibers are suited with contender only suitable for lighter. I'll look into again also. There really isn't anything I'd want to trade for at this point.
Thanks
Joe

Not vice versa. Firearms originally sold as rifles can never be converted to pistols. Pistols can go to rifle and back though.

So it's illegal to put a hand grip and a pistol length barrel on an action that was originally sold as a rifle? I know you can't do a short barrel with a rifle stock without a permit, bit you can't do both at the same time either?

So it's illegal to put a hand grip and a pistol length barrel on an action that was originally sold as a rifle? I know you can't do a short barrel with a rifle stock without a permit, bit you can't do both at the same time either?
Yep, an SBR is any rifle or any gun made from a rifle with a barrel length less then 16" or OAL less then 26".

my understanding from TC is that the frames are no longer "unique" to either a rifle or pistol. What you can not do is have a rifle stock on the action with a pistol barrel.

my understanding from TC is that the frames are no longer "unique" to either a rifle or pistol. What you can not do is have a rifle stock on the action with a pistol barrel.

This is true and been discussed many times with copies of atf letters to back it up on t/c shooter sites

If the firearm was originally manufactured as a rifle you cannot modify it to have a barrels shorter than 16" or an overall length shorter than 26". Hand grip or not has no bearing on this, it is those length measurements that determines where a rifle is a short barreled rifle and therefore requires a tax stamp/etc.

Ditto with a firearm originally manufactured as a shotgun, except the barrel length must be 18" or longer.

Barrel length is generally measured from the muzzle to the breech. A quick way to measure is to close the action unloaded and stick a dowel down the barrel until it stops against the action breech face, and that is the length of the barrel. A removable muzzle device does not count towards the length. A muzzle device is not removable if it is pinned with a blind pin or it is attached by welding or soldering with a solder/et. al. that exceeds 700* F melting point (IIRC).

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.