JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Curious if anyone has purchased a Tavor...
1) Which model & bbl length?
2) Color choice?
3) Where did you purchase and ~cost?
4) Are you pleased with the performance?

Link to website:
<broken link removed>

Thanks in advance.

I had two. First was black sold to buy one in fde. Both where 16" barrels.

For Ar15 shooters that got used to competition triggers. They wine about the combat trigger in the Tavor.
Gun is awesome for it's attended use "CQB Riffle.
With the Timney trigger was shooting inch groups at 100 yards. I had a pre-order trigger and it got recalled.
Fedex lost it.

Super easy to clean. People online are claiming over 5000 rounds with out oil ,or cleaning with no malfunctions.

My only complaint is the height over bore is about 4" and make shooting close precision shots harder then with an AR15.

If you live near Portland/ Vancouver area would be happy to let you shoot it sometime.

IMG_20150303_073047.jpg

Thank you for the response and the offer. I shoot at Douglas Ridge and while it is bit of a drive from Vanc., you are more than welcome to be my guest sometime.

Any thoughts on the IDF version with the Mepro? Seems like the difference between the two versions is more than the cost of the optic. It also seems the IDF limits our options to using the factory sight.

My wife says she likes the FDE better than black or green, so who am I to complain :D

I shoot 3 gun there.
There was some complaints on the Mepro optics that they don't do well with shooting from dark to light, and vise versa.
I also like the full rail on the normal version.
With the high Aimpoint T1 mount I get true co-witness with my irons.
I also shoot a lot in eastern Oregon thats why I went with the FDE. Doesn't get so hot like black guns do.

I read about the early Mepros but also read they corrected the issue. I'll stay with the non IDF for similar reasons as you mentioned.

I should probably get myself out there to at least watch the 3-gun since I've been a member for 15 years. Sounds a bit intimidating though.

To me it's a battle rifle. I'm fine with the heavy trigger. My ar15 has super 3 trigger with 2 1/2lbs pull. I wouldn't take it to battle.

Been also looking into getting a can for mine.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews