JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up a Taurus Model 94 .22 revolver in like new condition.
Taurus is not my thing and this is my first, reviews are good and I thought what the hey, a nine shot .22 revolver could be fun.
The single action is fine but in double action it pulls smooth but heavy, over 10 pounds would be my guess.
Question.
Is there any way to work the action over to get a easier double action pull?
Opinions on Taurus revolvers in general would be appreciated.

Last Edited:
I was hoping to get this set up for my 6 year old grandson, fairly certain he wont be able to shoot it in double action.

Why does the double action need to be so heavy compared to my other revolvers which are not 22's

Congrats on your new revolver. I too recently just purchased my first Taurus rovolver too, it's a model 44 in 44mag. @geezer made me a very good deal on it last week and I was able to shoot it for the first time today, it was very nice! I've got several other S&W revolvers and to be honest, the triggers aren't that far apart from each other. The double action is quite heavy too but smooth, as is the case with my S&W's.

Older Taurus revolvers are very good in my humble opinion. Over the years I've had several from the mid to late 80's and their triggers rivaled Smiths of the day.

I recall the K-22 I had years ago had a reasonably heavy double action trigger. As for your Taurus, Bergson just a light polish on the bearing surfaces and call it a day? Just my opinion and worth every penny paid...

I bought a used syainless Taurus 94 years ago. It was a really decent 22 caliber revolver. The barrel was about six inches or so. The trigger wasn't that smooth on it. I did s side job and made some extra cash on it so I bought a new stainless Ruger single-six with both the 22lr and 22 magnum cylinders. The trigger was smoother. I thing tje Ruger has a little bit shorter barrel, but is single action only. But the trigger was better, i got the option of two calibers and the cylinder had less play.
But I lost out on the double action optionn lost three round per load, spent more money on the other gun. It was a give & take desicion. I sold the Rossi 94 and the guy was and still is happy with it. It serves his purpose. It did have a really heavy double action trigger, i didn't want to put any money in it to have tje trigger worked on. I figgered that extra money would be better used towards the purchace of the Ruger Single-Six.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top