JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thumnail-copy28-e1658026317310.jpg
Story Time
When I got this revolver some 16 years ago I must be honest. It was very affordable and I have this thing of cheering for the under dog I also have a bit of OCD. The OCD does me well in the safety of reloading and tracking data, even in my log book I have the receipts of the firearms stapled to the round count pages. In all honesty I did not realize I was this close to 1000 rounds through the Taurus M44 until I took it out to clean it one day. I typically clean my revolvers prior to being put away in the safe but for some reason this one was not clean and I could not remember the last time it was at the range. That's where the log book comes in, a quick glance and I realize I am only a few cylinders away from 1000 rounds. Had I listened to the internet back then when this thing was purchased it never would have made it past 500 rounds without blowing up in my hand and severing some fingers. Taurus has been thru many changes as a company and yes there is no denying they have had some quality issues, though I do believe they have worked very hard to turn this around. Taurus's new CEO on his first day two years ago announced he would fix their customer service. It is great to know you have a dependable company that stands behind their product but it is even better to not have to use them and I have not with this 44 and hope to never have to.

A good friend of mine sent me some 260gr Zombie green cast and coated freedom pills and what better way to surpass this 1000 round barrier, than prepping for zombies. Let's chronograph these rounds loaded on top of IMR4227 and a Federal Gold Medal Match Large Pistol Magnum Primer.
Thumnail-copy23.jpg
Thumnail-copy30.jpg
Thumnail-copy29.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany