JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Smith and Wesson 15-22 Rifle After putting through ruffly 5000 rounds, I started having targeting problems. It would spray a 4 to 5" pattern all over the place. I sent the gun into Smith and Wesson and explained the problem. They sent the rifle back stating they replace the COMP (?) what ever that is and tightened the barrel nut. I bore sighted and zeroed in at the rang. first 10 to 12 shots were right on target. Then it started the same problem. Could not place two shots the same. The pattern was 2" to 4" in all directions. If anyone has a clue or a suggestions of what might be the problem, I would much like to hear from you.
Thanks…...

I use a wire brush in the barrel each time I clean the gun along with a snake. I clean this rifle every times it's used. Could there still be a build up of lead? If so, would you or anyone have an Idea of a better way to clean out the lead from the barrel, other than the traditional way.
Thank very much for your reply and hlep.

My other post suggests products that clean lead.
After 5k rounds down the bore, lead covers the lands and grooves.
Brushing doesn't remove it, boresnake either.
Lead makes the bore look nice and shiny. Deceptive.
Begins to build up here and there, distorting the bullet.

Shooter's Choice Lead Remover
"Exclusive, MT-10 metal treatment strips lead deposits from rifle, handgun and shotgun bores without hard scrubbing. Chemical action gets beneath the lead and lifts it away from the steel without prolonged soaking. Caution; will damage some paint, varnish and plastics."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top