JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been doing a little research but I have never owned a Taran Tactical Base Plate nor have I used one before. Are they hyped or do they really make a difference? I have seen a lot of skilled shooters use them I've just never understood the advantages over the OEM or other aftermarket. Taran is the himself is legit. I'm just wondering if they are worth the investment or just stick with OEM. I don't like to modify my carry guns to much. I like the way Shawn Ryan put it into prospective regarding modifying your EDC. lf you have owned or used Taran BP before what is your opinion?

Seeing the company that Taran keeps, I have been expecting a sex scandal involving him for several years now.

I bought several Taran base plates for my Glocks, got them on ebay for cheaper than retail. They were quality made, but really nothing special, they served their sole purpose of increasing capacity.

Seeing the company that Taran keeps, I have been expecting a sex scandal involving him for several years now.

I bought several Taran base plates for my Glocks, got them on ebay for cheaper than retail. They were quality made, but really nothing special, they served their sole purpose of increasing capacity.
Fair enough. The added capacity is nice does it make stripping the mag easier ?

I run their +3 extensions. No issues. I don't care what he does with is personal life. :rolleyes:

I've got one I got from a Noveske at their last sidewalk sale. Works fine. Was over priced at the pretty good discount I got it at. I won't be buying another.

His mag base plates serve two purpose...1) increasing magazine capacity, and 2) adding weight to the bottom of the mag to help it drop free/fast...particularly if your gun has a sticky magwell. I suppose a third point is that the baseplate may give the shooter better purchase for loading and stripping mags. YMMV.

He makes a good product with regard to his baseplates. But I say that generally as I have not tried every type he makes. How important all this is, is up to you.

From my glock experience, you push a metal pin aside and pull off the base plate. Much easier than stock glock baseplate which are a pain without the tool.

Just so happens I needed to disassemble a Glock mag yesterday. I went to the basement and squeezed the sides of the mag using a lumber clamp. I did the usual center-punch to press in the dot/spring and it was an easy slide off of the base plate.

ez clamp.JPG

Last Edited:
So you're saying I can have 39-rd Glock happy-sticks?

;)

Well not quite, G18 mags are 31 rounders with a +2 extension making it 33. Removing the +2 and adding the +6 would give you 37 rounds so it would still be a pretty happy stick, but the bigger problem is I'm note sure they offer a replacement spring for the 33 rounders so that might be it.

Well not quite, G18 mags are 31 rounders with a +2 extension making it 33. Removing the +2 and adding the +6 would give you 37 rounds so it would still be a pretty happy stick, but the bigger problem is I'm note sure they offer a replacement spring for the 33 rounders so that might be it.

DANG It.... it was 2200 when I posted that and had already been awake since 0300 (just like it's about 0300 right now) and confused my Sterling mags with my Glock mags capacity!

As for the spring issue.... just stretch it out, what could POSSIBLY go wrong? ;)

The real sucky part is, my alarm clock is set to 0500.....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top