JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This one came in yesterday.

View attachment 796119

Polygonal rifling, cone fit barrel, Single action only?

I got one of these in 9mm a few years ago. I love the gun.
1608654172092.png

I was kind of naive as I'm never going to do any competition. I just liked what it looked like and ordered one. IF I knew then what I know now I would have got a model that wasn't drilled, and without the competition mag well. Drilled would have been okay I guess because I could end up wanting a red dot on it. But the mag well made extra mags cost about $60.00 because of the base needed to fit the well. Trigger is strange, but easy to get used to. I'm not a great shot, not all that steady, but I've shot a few 1" groups at 50' with it when I was "With It".

And how do you like it?

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but so far so good. I like the feel, controls, trigger, etc.

No such thing as too many mm's. I'm still waiting waiting for that AR15 in 20mm Vulcan :D

I'm not going to bother denying it .... yah, I'd go through the hoops of registered Destructive Device (DD) for that one.

Single action only?

DA/SA.

Neat-o. Nothing like kicking it old school.

KicknItMitMyHomies.jpg

Polygonal rifling, cone fit barrel, Single action only?

I got one of these in 9mm a few years ago. I love the gun.
View attachment 796125

I was kind of naive as I'm never going to do any competition.
Mike, if you ever want to tag asking for some "slow steel" at Tri County, let me know.

@CountryGent nice acquisition! 10mm can be very fun. I used to reload, see what I did there, a ton of crazy rounds for it. Testing the limits of what could be done and what would (eventually) blow up the gun! Just be sure to buy good aftermarket ammo for it. No 180 grain weak sauce factory loads that on a chronograph are essentially 40sw.

This one came in yesterday.

View attachment 796119
Sweet...we almost match. Either yours is a different model or they changed it up a little since I got mine and gave it a squared off slide with a few front serrations for press checks etc... much more user friendly and still absolutely Beautiful!!!

I call mine "La Dieci". Real original huh...:D

ETA: These guys HERE are the go to for Tanfo upgrades.

Last Edited:
So I did a bit of shooting with this one today. It was about a couple hundred rounds of cartridges; factory Aquilla and Armscor. Random observations:

• Zero malfunctions of any kind. I had one 14-rounder that came with it, two Mec-Gar 14-rounders, and one 19-shot Henning Group mag.
  • I like the trigger pull. It reminds me of the CZ-75 BD acquired earlier in the year.
  • The controls are easy to manipulate. It is a SA/DA with a safety rather than decocker, so slightly different than the aforementioned Czech gun.
  • I shot steel gongs and some bowling pins at various ranges and didn't have any trouble scoring hits. It hit those with authority.
  • The recoil impulse from a 10㎜ Auto is different than other automatics I've shot.
  • There was more muzzle flash than the other pistols I was shooting, but I suppose that is to be expected.
  • Having twenty rounds on tap is nice.
  • I'd like to try hotter loads, but that will until another outing.
  • All and all, it is a nice piece and think it is a good addition.
P.S. To tag @Mygrainman; the 19-round magazine cycled without issue. It is a bear to load towards then end though. I have a universal magazine loader coming for this pistol and some others, so that should help. Cheers. :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top