JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I've been kicking around adding a 10㎜ Automatic to the mix. Three reasons:

• Haven't really tried this one.
  • Unlike almost any other handgun cartridge I can find mountains of it for sale locally.
  • Just because.
Looking at options, I don't want a Glock and am not wild about a Colt. If I had my druthers it would be something like the CZ-75 BD but in the aforementioned cartridge. CZ does not, as far as I can tell, make such a thing though.

I do see EAA offers the Tanfoglio in said. Stainless steel, 4½" barrel, SA/DA, and 14+1 rounds on tap. What's not to like?

1605752463895.png

I did some Interweb snooping and the majority of the reviews are positive, with a few exceptions.

That said, I have zero experience with these. Yea, nay, or now way José? Thanks!

I had one in 40 S&W, magazines are kind of pricey and poorly made, the trigger was pretty gritty but otherwise it shot real nice at first. It did develop a problem, it would often not complete the process of stripping a round off the magazine. I spent a lot of time d#$@ing with it before I finally figured out the extractor developed a burr that was preventing the case head from slipping into the grove. It was a five minute fix but took me many range trips to figure it out.

I looked at these a couple years ago and ended up going with the whole fleet of Glocks instead (20, 29, & 40). I've heard that 10mm is hard on steel framed pistols and it's not uncommon to have frames or slides crack with use. Some have theorized that the polymer on Glocks better absorb the recoil and that's why you don't see this happening in the Glocks. Most of the horror stories I heard involved 1911s, but have heard the same thing about the witness line as well. Personally, I take most of this stuff with a grain of salt because you don't know how these guys treat their weapons or if they were shooting pissin' hot reloads.

If you have a line on a decent priced Witness and can get ammo for it, then why not give it a shot? Can always sell it if you end up not liking it... And it doesn't look like the more common calibers are going to come down in price anytime soon!

One bonus of a 10mm (at least Glocks) is that it can handle 40SW right out of the box as well. I know some folks will say that's a bad thing to do because it headspaces off the extractor and can wear it out, but mine all chew through 40 with no issues... And worse case I can always replace the extractor if needed.

I've always wanted to get my hands on one of their 10mm as well. One thing I didn't like was that their lower tier offerings have fixed, non adjustable front sights.

I have a nice XDm 10mm if you're looking for a not-a-Glock. 10mm is by far my favorite handgun caliber. Similar to a magnum revolver caliber, it can be loaded hot or very mild. Couple that with great capacity, and good bullet selection, it makes you wonder why it's not more mainstream.

Thanks all for the feedback; much appreciated.

Not so much not interested in Glocks, but plastic pistols in general. In no way, shape, or form knocking them; just not for me. :s0155:

I like the versatility of the cartridge. I've owned a couple of Colts, which I let go. Kept my Ruger SR1911. Not because the Colts were bad, but if I'm gonna wear out a gun, let it be a Ruger and get the money out of the Colts.

My only complaint about the SR1911: The take down procedure. I don't like dealing with the little paper clip thingy.

EAA, stands for European American Armory. They are an importer, I don't believe they have an on-site factory, per se. Therefore resolving warranty issues might be a consideration. I know for a fact they will not supply pre-paid shipping labels for returning a handgun under warranty.

They are a heavy chunk of metal, so it should help with 10mm recoil. If you have never owned a CZ75 clone, the other thing you will notice is the slide is real narrow and rides inside the frame compared to most auto loaders where the slide rides over the frame. So sling-shoting the slide is tricky.

Looks like a nice pistol but I have no experience with it in particular. I have though had near a dozen different 10mm handguns this past decade. Two Delta Elites were great for the money but in a 1911 style you'll want to go big in quality if your life is going to depend on it.

My favorite single stacks were the DW Valor and a Wilson Combat CQB Elite! Runner up in single stack was the Sig 220 Legion that I missed out on once upon a time. I don't shoot 10mm anymore due to too much 44mag and 10mm fun :eek:

Glock 20s were a bit jumpy for me with Underwood 10mm hard cast or defensive rounds that you'll want to run if your life depends on it. S&B FMJ were the best / hot practice rounds I found that were reasonably priced; most of the rest are pretty tame like 40 cal pressures. Probably some exceptions to my generalization.

I Had three Glock 40, and two of these with Delta Point Pro 2.5 red dots...tack drivers once you polish out the triggers. I even ran KKM barrels on two of these so I could run hard cast with confidence.

The G40 also have a six inch barrel in case you ever want to hunt with them...some states require six inch or greater for handgun season.

10mm is a blast...let us know what you pull the trigger on :rolleyes:

I went with the Jericho in 45ACP. It shares the same DNA as the Tanfoglio and the CZ as does the EAA. However ten different people will give you ten different opinions on that. The mags for the Jericho are made in Italy though but I do have a couple that are Israeli. My favorite opinion on this thing is that it's a big chunk of heavy metal that shoots smooth and has extremely managable recoil. I was tempted to go 10mm but ammo price and availability was my concern. Thus, my new favorite pistol.

IMG_20200314_141317.jpg

Their repair center is in Florida. I have 4 Tanfoglio Pistols and other than a bum magazine (Mec Gar makes EAA mags) have had no problems. The 10mm that you are looking at is the Tanfoglio "Wonder" finish over steel, not stainless. It is kind of like a dull hard chrome finish. I have three in that finish and it seems to stand up very well.

They did have some frame/slide cracking with the first 10mm models from hot loads, but the more recent ones have a reinforced frame/slide. EAA was fast to fix the problem and replace the cracked parts.

I wouldn't be afraid to depend on the new ones in 10mm and have considered buying one for me. Check the internet for the dates on the cracking issue.

I have this one in 10mm.
It's an awesome beast of a Man Gun.
713d7ecfee53aa7a095777d32e2a8097.jpg
And I have a Glock G20.
Love 'em both.

The Ruger has also caught my eye.
Much more so than the Colt Delta Elite.
The Colt is way light in weight compared to the Ruger.

I bought one about 6 months ago. It was an impulse buy. They had it hanging on the wall at Gators for a too-good-to-pass-up price, and I was smitten by how good those sexy Italian curves felt in my hand.
I watched a "Fire Mountain Outdoors" Vid on yootoob a couple years ago, and he had one that he was super happy with... and this was the first time I actually found one in stock so I snatched it up.

The only down side to the sleekness is that there is not much for milling on the slide to get ahold of to rack. You gotta have a good grip to cycle it, but I guess that's a good test to make sure you have a good enough grip to shoot it... Unfortunately I can't tell you how it shoots, because I have not had a chance to get out and shoot it yet. I bought a really nice Liberty Leather magnetic zip up case, ordered an extra mag from BigDaddyUnlimited, put an Inforce APL weaponlight on it and managed to find a few hundred rounds, just before all ammo disappeared forever.
If you can get a decent deal on one, I say buy it. All the cool kids have one:cool:

:D
7FBFB8F7-8C5C-4881-8DA0-4AAFDE93B112.jpeg F041B80C-2701-44DA-A7A6-17F844E6850F.jpeg

Last Edited:
I bought one about 6 months ago. It was an impulse buy. They had it hanging on the wall at Gators for a too-good-to-pass-up price, and I was smitten by how good those sexy Italian curves felt in my hand.
I watched a "Fire Mountain Outdoors" Vid on yootoob a couple years ago, and he had one that he was super happy with... and this was the first time I actually found one in stock so I snatched it up.

The only down side to the sleekness is that there is not much for milling on the slide to get ahold of to rack. You gotta have a good grip to cycle it, but I guess that's a good test to make sure you have a good enough grip to shoot it... Unfortunately I can't tell you how it shoots, because I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. I bought a really nice Liberty Leather magnetic zip up case, ordered an extra mag from BigDaddyUnlimited, put an Inforce APL weaponlight on it and managed to find a few hundred rounds, just before it all ammo disappeared forever.
If you can get a decent deal on one, I say buy it. All the cool kids have one:cool:

:D
View attachment 779188View attachment 779189
Mine in .41 AE is a bit to cycle. A little bit of oil makes it worse. Mine is a small frame and has a little more gripping surface. Some grip tape would help in between the grooves - the tape they use on skateboards.

I have been a lover of the 10 since it first came out. After watching Miami Vice I had to have a Bren 10, unfortunately after I acquired the Bren less magazine they ran into financial trouble and there are a few Brens that were shipped with magazines. Mine was an early one so I never got to shoot it. Sold it and that was about the time Colt introduced the Delta. Ordered two of those and shot one and sent the other one out to have hard chromed and customized. Then shot the heck out of both of them. As with all things back then somebody wanted both guns more than I did so I sold them. Not to long ago I was cleaning out some boxes in my gun room and found two original delta magazines I had forgot I had. Got out of the 10 business for several years until the witness hit the market and purchased one with the hard chrome. Good handling gun and shoots where you point it. One of the few guns that with your eyes closed and you instinct point it and open your eyes it is pointing at what your aiming at. Now it resides in my safe for when I get the bug to shoot a 10 again. The 10 is not for the faint of heart, but is a sound cartridge that is hard hitting and does a lot of damage.

And how do you like it?
I had one. After getting a Ruger SR1911-10, I sold it because, well, it sucked in comparison.Though you didn't want a Glunk, did a side by side comparison with the Ruger and a buddy's G40 MOS. The G40 is even nicer. You wouldn't know you were shooting 10mm goodness.
The Tanfoglios are known in this caliber for slide (and frame) failure from cracking, though that might be from the original gen.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top