JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

What I don't see in the video are police. Remember, when seconds count the police are minutes away. I am certain they were coming just as fast as they could.

In your Self Defense awareness/preparedness, include defending against projectiles (ie rocks & bottles) Spears (ie long sticks / bats) , Knives, Hands and Feet.

Sure, having a gun is the ideal situation, but maybe that isn't possible for some reason. It's a legit question. It seems like hand-to-hand and knife skills or defense against same are often overlooked by people who carry.

I've been in two situations where I was attacked and events unfolded so quickly that I didn't have time to pull the knife from my belt (couldn't carry a firearm at the time). In one instance both of my arms were caught and put over my head. I used my left hand to grab my attacker by the septum and hold his head still while I bashed him in the face with the stainless steel coffee mug that was in my right hand. I don't think having a gun would have helped, I would have been unable to get to it same as my knife. Having better awareness would have helped, and growing up with an older brother and male cousin definitely did.

As far as training against projectiles... short of having a friend hurl rocks at you, how would one go about that? o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top