JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
10 Gauge
City
MYRTLE CREEK
State
Oregon
So, I am interested in acquiring a shotgun that is:

• A side-by-side.
  • In 10-gauge.
  • With 3½" chambers. (I know there are good ones with 2⅞" chambers, but I don't reload.)
  • Two triggers.
  • Decent quality build.
  • Most experience with Zabala Hermanos, so that would be good, but certainly open to other manufacturers.
  • Mechanically sound.
Thanks much. :)

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
There was a pawn shop in Gresham (sorry can't remember name) that had a 10 g SxS in it a few weeks ago. It was mildly pitted on outside and bore was dirty. They wanted $800+ for it.

The ones I've seen for sale are lever action and SxS but are all late 1800's to just after 1900. Their damascus barrels I wouldn't trust with 10 gauge personally.

However any German Krupp 3 ring barrel (Sauer and other manufacturers) with nitro proof marks I would trust. Plus the greener cross bolt build makes them pretty much as good as it gets for reliability. Built to last multiple lifetimes. No idea what chamber lengths they used for 10 gauge though.

My 1913 Sauer 12 gauge. Feels like it was manufactured yesterday.

Almost bought double similar to this pic but a bit less fancy on the engraving. I couldn't find the ammo for the rifle side which is no longer manufactured. Steigele, don't remember the year 1908 maybe. The one in the pic is a percussion drilling and if you look close at the hammer the end of it pivots to select the lower barrel. It's so well made you can barely see the line where it pivots. I'm in awe of some of these guns made by the little shops in that era. I don't think we'll ever see that level of hand craftsmanship again.

Last Edited:
Thanks fellows for the details.

I used to have an Ithaca Mag-10, with a yuge "32 barrel and a 24" shorty. Neato, but I sold it shortly after my first potato-head was born. My understanding is the SP10 is, largely, based upon the design.

If I had my druthers, I'd just go with a Zabala. They turn up from time to time on the used market, so I will put in a GB alert for said. But certainly open to others.

Speaking of the late 19th century, I saw a 8-gauge built in that era. The dear reader doesn't know how tempting that was, but my antics only go so far. (And, practically speaking, I didn't have much use for one.) :p

Thanks fellows for the details.

I used to have an Ithaca Mag-10, with a yuge "32 barrel and a 24" shorty. Neato, but I sold it shortly after my first potato-head was born. My understanding is the SP10 is, largely, based upon the design.

If I had my druthers, I'd just go with a Zabala. They turn up from time to time on the used market, so I will put in a GB alert for said. But certainly open to others.

Speaking of the late 19th century, I saw a 8-gauge built in that era. The dear reader doesn't know how tempting that was, but my antics only go so far. (And, practically speaking, I didn't have much use for one.) :p
I don't know anything about later Ithaca's but the earlier ones cost $350 for 12 gauge up to about $1500 for 10 gauge from what I've seen. I would guess they are all smaller chambers though. 12 gauges are almost always 2 3/4" that I have seen (I mean the old ones are).

Got curious and found the pics of the stiegele double on my phone. I couldn't find the 9.5x47R rifle round so did not buy. Damn though, the craftsmanship of these is amazing.

88588D58-9A2A-4853-B01E-A75E6F6EE789.jpeg 304E69CE-AAA4-476C-B6AE-B4AFEB166018.jpeg 061D67DA-F135-4681-806C-B18BB10C6C6E.jpeg

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.