JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Nearly finsihed building my 224V setup and am going to have to put some glass on it.

Not looking to drop a whole paycheck into a scope just yet. Want to get the hang of reloading the round and shooting at greater distances before I go all in.

Heard good things about SWFA and have seen other 224 shooters use them successfully...

Ive got a 1:7 twist Ballistic Advantage 20" barrel, loading 90gr mostly... Trying to hit steel at distances beyond 800yds out to the limits of the round.

The scope I had been considering is the SWFA 16x42... Ive seen a few around and they are in the price range Im looking to spend & are reasonably well reviewed.

Any thoughts on those scopes or any recommendations for different scopes or features I should be looking for. Ive never shot at anything more than a few hundreds yards and not with bullets this small.... Im in uncharted terriroty

As an owner of the 16x swfa S.S. fixxed power scope, I cant say enough good things about them. rock solid, stays adjusted, inexpensive, lifetime warranty, ( or at least used to be.) cross hairs are thick so you can see even in low light ,the only complaint is that 16x is too much magnification for my needs, but may work fine if you only want to shoot bench. I liked the swfa S.S. scope so much , I bought 3 more in 10x side focus, and have them stacked in my safe like cord wood.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads