JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So from what i can find, it looks like the best stripper clips for the 1903, are the nickel/stainless clips for the Swedish Mauser.

I'm probably only after maybe 3 to 5 of these, especially as they appear to have really gone up in price, however i'm not really finding them for sale in that quantity, unless i want a single clip, for $5....

Does anyone know somewhere that has them slightly more reasonably priced?

Thanks.

Hmm, they say they're for 6.5mm, which i don't think is correct, i *think* they need to be for 7.6mm

Yeah, see i don't know anything about the Swedish either, but i keep seeing people saying the Swedish mauser clips work a treat for the Springfield 1903 (30.06)

ah ok. Springfield 1903 is the rifle not a swedish mauser. that is where I got confused. No idea why they would say a 6.5 clip would be good for a 7.62 round. But perhaps it is shaped to work for both?

1903 clips are in the $5 range on my search

I clearly need to look into this some more, specifically on the base size of the Mauser round Vs the base size of the 30.06.

I have seen plenty of references to the actual 1903 clip being awkward and not very smooth/wasy etc. And additionally, plenty of references to the Swedish Mauser clip being excellent for it, including watching Hickok45's use of it.

looks like the 6.5 cartridge has a diameter at the bottom of .480 and the 30-06 has a diameter of .473. So only 100th of an inch different. Sounds like it is plenty close enough to work.

Thank you for doing my work for me :D

That appears to be the deal then, i surmised, but obviously hadn't checked yet if that was the case.
So, yeah, i need to order that first link you said :) Thank you, Sir!

*EDIT: oh man, $7 shipping for 5 of those little clips!!! I'm not in a hurry so i'll keep looking around :)

Yeah, it doesn't look like there is a problem getting hold of the 1903 and the M14 clips, but by all accounts, whilst they work, they just don't work very well.

I'm probably going to have to suck it up and but a couple of the Mauser clips from somewhere.

Almost ALL stripper clips from the WW-1 and WW-2 area work, most all ammo from that era has almost the same case head dia. I have used various stripper clips for Mauser's and Springfield's interchangeably. The 6.5X55 Swede is also the same head size, so they work as well. AndyinEverson is correct, M-14 clips also work!

Almost ALL stripper clips from the WW-1 and WW-2 area work, most all ammo from that era has almost the same case head dia. I have used various stripper clips for Mauser's and Springfield's interchangeably. The 6.5X55 Swede is also the same head size, so they work as well. AndyinEverson is correct, M-14 clips also work!
That's good to know, and explains why people are saying the Swedish Mauser clips are the smoothest.

Here's a time stamped/starting video, mentioning the clips. It should start right where you need it to without watching the whole thing :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top