Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sw Shield TFO sight installation

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by omenwolf, Sep 20, 2014.

1. omenwolf

omenwolf Oregon Active Member

So I ordered a set of Truglow TFO sights for my sheild and I need someone to install them. All the localgun shops will only do glock sights. Any recommendations for a gunsmith to install these sights and fire the gun to make sure they are zeroed?

2. mpperales

mpperales Happy Valley, Oregon Well-Known Member

The only do Glock sights because a trained, one-arm monkey, missing three fingers, with a pirate eye patch could install them. I had a local joint (I will not name them) beat the dogbubblegume out of a set of Sig sights...and scratch my slide...thier reply? "That scratch?...it was already there..."

3. omenwolf

omenwolf Oregon Active Member

I had the same problem on some kahr sights, they scratched the slide pretty good. The slide was silver so it didn't jump out that bad but I also had to go back 3 times to get the sights zeroed. Thats why I want to bring it to a gunsmith that can fire the gun and make sure it's zeroed.

4. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You mean like this guy and his 8lb sledge hammer.

5. 808hondacrguy

808hondacrguy Eugene,OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That must be the precision gunsmith set from Midway. :cool:

IronMonster likes this.
  6. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I particularly like the part where he has to prop the 2x6 up against the wall of his garage so he can really give the sights a good whack with the sledge hammer.

IronMonster likes this.