Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Survival of the fittest?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DBagnall, Dec 28, 2012.

1. DBagnall

DBagnall SALEM Member

I was perusing a firearms forum on my phone here and I came across this picture, I was both amused and horrified at the same time....

A7787726-71E7-4DE5-921E-B934DFC69E76-51162-00000DF31F1E25BC.jpg

2. The Duck

The Duck Oregon Active Member

At least his finger is off the trigger, give the guy that much?

3. Sagaba

Sagaba Federal Way, WA Active Member

I always crack up when I see the 350+ lbs guys on youtube with their AK's and tacticool vests. They'll be the first ones dead in a firefight cause a pinned down/non-moving target is a dead target. They can't run 5 miles with a 60lbs rucksack to save their lives.

4. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

It's not the 60lbs rocksack that's the problem for them. It's the pair of 60lbs thighs and 100lbs buttocks.

5. redmud

redmud Colombia river Active Member

I bet he had one eye squinted that's why he didn't see the round in the chamber. It only takes 3 to 5 seconds to drop the mag and clear the chamber

6. Coffindodger

Coffindodger Seattle Member

WOW. Stupidity never ceases to amuse me. By the way, let me pull the trigger to see if it's unloaded.

7. safetyman

safetyman Clark County, WA Active Member

Well, to the photographer's credit there are cameras available that have timer functions. S/he could have had the camera on a tripod and taken the picture while staying completely out of harm's way.

novamind and (deleted member) like this.
  8. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

We beat this pic to death a week or 2 ago.:deadhorse:

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Should the SHTF be something involved with Nuke winter or some other even that causes the temp to drop or an even that causes the food supply to dwindle. That fat guy is going to be laughing at your skinny shivering butt.

In cases of hypothemia the Fat guy always wins. In cases of long term starvation the fat guy always wins.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  10. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

The skinny guy can put a coat on.

The skinny guy can survive on fewer rats.

Keith

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  11. clambo

clambo Vancouver, Wa. Well-Known Member

You mean like ex Green Beret master sergeant Larry Vickers ?

12. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

The fat guy doesn't need a coat.

The fat guy can also survive on fewer rats and become a skinny guy, excluding differences in natural frame size.

slimer13 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Central Oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

The fat guy will get diabetes and lose a foot.

The fat guy's heart will fail at 50.

14. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Not true. The fat guy will be just as cold as the skinny guy as the skin is our largest organ and one with most nerve endings.

15. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

The fat guy without a coat will frostbite quicker than a skinny guy with a coat.

The fat guy will have to survive on fewer rats simply because the rats are faster.

The muscular guy can take whatever he wants from either the skinny guy or the fat guy :)

Keith

16. DBagnall

DBagnall SALEM Member

Apparently, I missed that post, otherwise I might have refrained from sharing. I won't apologize though, I found the picture elsewhere and found it amusing so the dead horse can continue to be beaten.... for the enjoyment of all... ;)

Though it was not my intent, I suppose my title caption set off a whole fat man vs. skinny man argument and you have no idea how amused I am by it. I think that good physical conditioning and fitness is a must in any survival situation. Someone who is skinny can have just as many problems as an overweight person. Skinny does not mean fit or conditioned. Neither does muscular for that matter. You can be a genuine meathead and have all the muscle in the world and still fail if you aren't conditioned.

If surviving becomes a necessity in a scenario that makes that difficult, then you stay mobile, you stay out of sight, and you most certainly do not carry your house with you. Stay fit, stay healthy, complacency kills.

17. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I want to assume that it was taken on an iPhone where you don't have to peep through an eyepiece. Even the hand holding the camera would be safely out of the way.

But we should never underestimate Darwin.