JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was perusing a firearms forum on my phone here and I came across this picture, I was both amused and horrified at the same time....

A7787726-71E7-4DE5-921E-B934DFC69E76-51162-00000DF31F1E25BC.jpg

I always crack up when I see the 350+ lbs guys on youtube with their AK's and tacticool vests. They'll be the first ones dead in a firefight cause a pinned down/non-moving target is a dead target. They can't run 5 miles with a 60lbs rucksack to save their lives.

I always crack up when I see the 350+ lbs guys on youtube with their AK's and tacticool vests. They'll be the first ones dead in a firefight cause a pinned down/non-moving target is a dead target. They can't run 5 miles with a 60lbs rucksack to save their lives.

It's not the 60lbs rocksack that's the problem for them. It's the pair of 60lbs thighs and 100lbs buttocks.

Well, to the photographer's credit there are cameras available that have timer functions. S/he could have had the camera on a tripod and taken the picture while staying completely out of harm's way.

Should the SHTF be something involved with Nuke winter or some other even that causes the temp to drop or an even that causes the food supply to dwindle. That fat guy is going to be laughing at your skinny shivering butt.

In cases of hypothemia the Fat guy always wins. In cases of long term starvation the fat guy always wins.

You mean like ex Green Beret master sergeant Larry Vickers ?

Should the SHTF be something involved with Nuke winter or some other even that causes the temp to drop or an even that causes the food supply to dwindle. That fat guy is going to be laughing at your skinny shivering butt.

In cases of hypothemia the Fat guy always wins. In cases of long term starvation the fat guy always wins.

Not true. The fat guy will be just as cold as the skinny guy as the skin is our largest organ and one with most nerve endings.

The fat guy doesn't need a coat.

The fat guy can also survive on fewer rats and become a skinny guy, excluding differences in natural frame size.

The fat guy without a coat will frostbite quicker than a skinny guy with a coat.

The fat guy will have to survive on fewer rats simply because the rats are faster.

The muscular guy can take whatever he wants from either the skinny guy or the fat guy :)

Keith

We beat this pic to death a week or 2 ago.:s0013:

Apparently, I missed that post, otherwise I might have refrained from sharing. I won't apologize though, I found the picture elsewhere and found it amusing so the dead horse can continue to be beaten.... for the enjoyment of all... ;)

Though it was not my intent, I suppose my title caption set off a whole fat man vs. skinny man argument and you have no idea how amused I am by it. I think that good physical conditioning and fitness is a must in any survival situation. Someone who is skinny can have just as many problems as an overweight person. Skinny does not mean fit or conditioned. Neither does muscular for that matter. You can be a genuine meathead and have all the muscle in the world and still fail if you aren't conditioned.

If surviving becomes a necessity in a scenario that makes that difficult, then you stay mobile, you stay out of sight, and you most certainly do not carry your house with you. Stay fit, stay healthy, complacency kills.

I want to assume that it was taken on an iPhone where you don't have to peep through an eyepiece. Even the hand holding the camera would be safely out of the way.

But we should never underestimate Darwin.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top