JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Way past time dam James Bond movies pew pew pew nobody heard those shots right lol killed that guy on the train and nobody could hear it LOL

It's the modern party premise, do nothing except prevent anyone from doing anything...
Sometimes it's a good thing, other times it's just frustrating.
The HPA being delayed is one of those frustrating instances.

It is looking less and less like it will happen. The longer Trump keeps shooting himself in the foot with his rants, the more attention is paid to his antics - which I am sure he wants - and the less time is paid working on GOP legislation. I will be surprised if the GOP gets anything done this year, then next year is an election year and nobody will want to do anything. Then after that the GOP will probably not have a majority in Congress and then you will see gridlock.

It is looking less and less like it will happen. The longer Trump keeps shooting himself in the foot with his rants, the more attention is paid to his antics - which I am sure he wants - and the less time is paid working on GOP legislation. I will be surprised if the GOP gets anything done this year, then next year is an election year and nobody will want to do anything. Then after that the GOP will probably not have a majority in Congress and then you will see gridlock.

It's not Trump that's stalling anything getting done in the legislature. It's the undercover Democrats that happen to have a R by their name. He has a right to rant. It's unprecedented to see the entire media so hellbent on undermining a presidency, they will dedicate the whole of their airtime to attacking him, at the expense of the last shreds of their credibility.

The weak bubblegum RINOs aren't going to risk supporting anything the GOP could try to pass, lest they get the same treatment from the media.

I would not call McCain an 'undercover democrat', but there really isn't much difference between the GOP and the dems.

Trump on the other hand puts his foot in his mouth every chance he gets.

It is a circus and the 'ringmaster' is a clown. Of course the media is lapping it up.

Blaming the media is silly, Trump does it to himself. He's completely incompetent and reaffirms that every time he opens his mouth.

It doesn't matter that he had some good ideas and talked a good line in the election, I even agreed with some of his positions and had hope that he'd do some good coming from the outside. That's all over, he's way out of his league, and whether the Rs try to do anything about it or not, they're screwed next election.

I was hoping for Cruz or Paul but we got Trump. What people can't seem to grasp, is that he isn't a politician. He hasn't spent an entire career learning how to double speak and say things without saying anything. He isn't polished or refined. Hes just a guy who makes mistakes and isn't practiced in spinning them and the establishment loathes him for it.

I am enjoying the show myself.

If nothing else, getting Gorsuch in the SCOTUS, made it all worthwhile.

He is a 'deal maker' - i.e., a used car salesman. He will smile to your face and tell everybody how great you are and then stab you in the back when you aren't looking. This is not someone being honest, this is a dishonest narcissistic pathological liar who doubles down when caught in a lie. I know the kind - my ex-inlaws were like this, especially my ex-BIL child molester who is now in prison for the rest of his life. They think the rest of the world is out to get them and they cannot accept that they are to blame for their snafus.

I support getting rid of the ACA (although it is at the bottom of my list of concerns), but that could have been done so simply just by dropping the mandate that people must have insurance - the rest would have taken care of itself. A LOT of time and effort wasted on that, and we still have the ACA.

I support tax reform, sorely needed - but we won't get it now, we will get a few tax cuts here and there. Again, low on my priority list.

What I had hoped to see was some changes in gun rights, but instead we get a bunch of little gimmes to various business concerns - like the coal industry, the mining industries and so on - dropping environmental regs and so on so various corps can pollute more and go in and rape the wilderness lands. Basically he is trying to give a bunch of little concessions to his business buddies while claiming he is bringing jobs back.

Worse, he is going to make a mess of free trade in N. America, which will probably have a bad effect of the economy.

About the only thing I can say that is good is that Clinton isn't currently in the WH trying to take our guns away and trying to expand the ACA. That will probably change in 4 years - so many people will be so mad at Trump that they will easily vote in someone like Sanders (or not vote at all) and we will be worse off than before. The 2018 elections will change the balance of power in Congress and then the 2020 elections will too. As Congress loses seats to retirement/etc., the balance will change too - McCain is sick and probably dying, so someone will replace him. Trump criticizing him won't help, but rather hinder. Trump is just out to make himself feel good - that is why he has these rallies - he needs his fix.

If anything, Clinton would have united the GOP against her and then no anti-gun laws would have come out of Congress. The worst she could have done is some executive orders, which Obama tried and had little effect - today's Congress would have made laws to override those orders.

Instead, we have a clown child in the WH who is intent on alienating anybody and everybody in Congress with his temper tantrums. So nothing gets done.

If anything, Clinton would have united the GOP against her and then no anti-gun laws would have come out of Congress. The worst she could have done is some executive orders, which Obama tried and had little effect - today's Congress would have made laws to override those orders.

Instead, we have a clown child in the WH who is intent on alienating anybody and everybody in Congress with his temper tantrums. So nothing gets done.

But Clinton would have appointed another "Constitution is a living breathing document, subject to constant reinterpretation" type, and we would be effed for decades.

Hey, but since Trump is annoying and abrasive, I guess that would be ok.o_O

Suppressors are the only hearing protection devices that require federal approval to own. No one has been able to explain that one to me.....

And a waiting period (virtually) and background checks and fingerprints and a $200 tax to transfer.

Get a silencer tip for a VW bug (the old classic one), put it on the end of a rifle, and you have committed a felony. Same purpose - quieting an internal combustion engine, one is illegal without it, one is illegal with it.

Also a good point, but I can't remember a president in modern history for which the same couldn't be said.

I have not had a POTUS during my lifetime that I thought was in need of professional mental health care - until now.

I used to consider whatever POTUS in the WH this way; could I do a better job than the POTUS at running the country? Until Trump, the answer was no. Now I think I could, and I don't think I am anywhere near qualified to do that job. I wouldn't hire Trump to be the county dog catcher - literally. I would not hire him for any job I can think of - not even just pushing a broom. I would not want him working for me in any capacity whatsoever. I wouldn't even want him around me. When I hear him ranting on the radio, I turn it off because I cannot even stand to listen to him - especially I cannot stand to listen to him.:rolleyes:

Way past time dam James Bond movies pew pew pew nobody heard those shots right lol killed that guy on the train and nobody could hear it LOL

We've got a boomhower! *dangolgungopewpewman*

hqdefault.jpg

When I hear him ranting on the radio, I turn it off because I cannot even stand to listen to him - especially I cannot stand to listen to him.

And herein lies the quandary. I would {and have} said the same of the previous guy.
I am beginning to think that we are now looking at the new "normal". Each time the pendulum swings, one side is satisfied while the other side has a stroke.
Let one side take all the marbles and the inevitable outcome is violence..eventually perhaps beyond our abilities to put all the pieces back together. We are seeing it almost every day now.
It may be that our system will be locked into this impotence for the foreseeable future. Kind of like the old "Mutually Assured Destruction" term of the cold war. The results of one side winning isn't worth the risk.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads