JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to build a new rifle and was hoping for help I'm looking for something with 16-20 barrel wanna keep it short will be used for 500yard max targets and maybe 300 yards hunting and wanna keep it quite I have a Omega 30 cal suppressor that I have used on my 223,6.5cm and 300 winmag so looking at something new was thinking of maybe 308 or 300 blackout but wanted to check here and see if some kne had an idea for some better that I don't know about
Thanks

With the distances listed. I'd say stick with 223/556.

Seeing as you have the 30 cal suppressor, maybe 7.62x39 would be a unique choice.

I'm guessing AR15 platform?

You said you want to keep it short, maybe a pistol build. Like a 10.5" 223/556. Or a 8" 300blk.

The pistol 223/556 will still get the distance, maybe not the 300.

I don't like short 308s under 20". Loud AF even when suppressed.

16" 308 win would be my pick, I've got an 18" that I shoot suppressed and two 300 blk's 16' bolt and 8" AR. would not use them for anything but short range.

i just re-barreled my savage 308 with a savage 10 tactical 20" barrel in 308 that is factory threaded. i put an ASR muzzle brake on it so i could quickly attach my can.

my groups went from 1-1.5" to 1/2-3/4" at 100

How quite is it and what ammo are u using
im using handloads and theyre super sonic. all i hear is the sonic crack. i dont hear the BOOM of the powder igniting. this is with a bolt gun. its a little louder with my ar10 as when the action cycles you get a little bit more noise due to gas escaping thru the upper receiver when the bolt slides back.

i can shoot 308 all day without earplugs.

now, with subsonic 300blk its very quiet. im handloading 208gr bullets at 1049fps. i shoot it out of an AR. all i hear is the action cycling. it sounds like a pneumatic nail gun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top