JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those who've forgotten the sun. I was recently in Florida, and this is what it looks like at 6 in the morning.:cool:

20170317_074101_zpswbljtyub.jpg

WAYNO.:D

Bragger :p

That would be nice to see here:rolleyes:

It is nice, and it makes a big difference in a persons outlook.

I remember many years ago I spent a few days in L.A. over New Years. 75+degrees every day. I returned home euphoric.

So now, retired, there's a relatively small window of time to do some bucket-list things. A week in the sun every winter is on my agenda as long as I can do it. Florida is a big trip. I'm thinking maybe Arizona some time.:cool:

Since 2008 I've been going to Mexico for 2-3 months each winter, where I [volunteer] work in a woodshop at an orphanage. During that time there has been a pretty consistent bunch of Americans and Canadians that come down the same time - to get away from the NW winters while doing something useful at the same time.

The Atlantic coast really messed with my head for the first couple of days. I spent my first 30+ years watching the sun go DOWN over the ocean out here on the left coast. If the sun was that close to the oceanic horizon, it was evening,...

On the east coast of Florida, I wake up one morning, hung over as all he!!, see that, and think it isn't even "dark yet," or that I slept the whole day away, in my alcohol induced fog.
Shortly after, I looked at the clock and realized I had to be at my morning meeting in about an hour.

"oh yeah, wrong coast!"

D'oh!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top