JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
20190315_113110 (1).jpg

I got both of these within your budget, one is 45 though but can get both in 9mm..

I have had a friend of a friend offer to sell me a scoped Marlin 30 30 for $475.

Not exactly what I had imagined but it seems fun. And looks similar that a pic of a gun my dad owned in the 70s.

I haven't seen it, but the seller says that when he bought it he was told it was a vault gun?
Seller was slightly drunk so I didn't make out everything he said.

It's been in his closet and never been used.

Thoughts? I probably should bring a buddy with me to check it out to make sure it's functional? The guy might live in Oregon.
I am in Washington.

How does that kind of transfer work?

Is this a decent choice for hunting?

More on Marlins:

A straight grip stock is less common, and may add value.
A shorter barrel also may add value.
Factory extras like saddle ring or the original front sight hood still being in place (a minor miracle) are definitely neat.
The scope is almost never going to change the value unless it's really nice.
If it's mounted in rings the allow you to see the sights underneath the scope, then the scope is practically useless as a tool. That's OG Fudd stuff.
Lever guns are fun, but 30-30 is suffering the same ammo drought as everything else right now. If your friend has ammo in the mix , and you have $500 to spend, make a deal.
I don't think it's a bad offer unless the rifle is a train wreck .

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top