Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Subsonic 9mm ammo

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by comor, Mar 15, 2013.

1. comor

comor Seattle New Member

:confused: I know there is a ammo clasifieds section but I thought I might have better luck here sense it's suppresor related in nature. I recently picked up a 9mm suppresor and can't find any 147 gr ammo to shoot through it. Any body know of anywhere that is selling subsonic ammo, Internet seems to be sold out for the time being. Not a total loss, it's extremely quiet on my 22 with cci quiet ammo. If anybody feels this is better suited to the ammo threads I'll move it, wanted to try here first. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

You can still shoot the 115gr it just has a crack, but definitely quieter that normal. I searched all my normal places and none to be had.

3. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

4. Netspirit

Netspirit Bellevue, WA Active Member

I saw some 147s in Bellevue, WA (Wade's). You will want to call them first before going over the bridge, though.

5. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Depends on the load and the gun. I shoot a lot of 115gr that is SS in one of my rifles.

6. Modly

Modly Beaverton Active Member

I load my own for the best results, and for the lowest price.

4.1gr of Vihtavuori N340, 147gr projectiles (Berry's and Rainier make for cheap shooting), and any non magnum small pistol primer.

It's pretty damned quiet out of my Glock 19. I can hear the spring in my Osprey cycle, and the noise of the impact.

7. nick1980

nick1980 Portland, OR Active Member

I know of some but it isn't cheap

8. j4545

j4545 WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I love me some Fiochi 158gr. Just can't find it.