JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thanks to member Porter who posted an AAR on a two day rifle class that we put on a few weeks back, my phone has been a bit active with text and calls from folks wanting more info on the school and upcoming classes in general.

In talking with those that called, I'm getting a firm line of requests from people that although a set curriculum class is good, people are wanting to see some tailor made classes for folks wanting specific shooting/training skills in areas they feel they lack.

I have two main reasons for starting this group, 1 - Cost, as have mentioned before...hard to find a two day class under 400.00. 2 - Student driven training...in that even though we do have set curriculum for classes, we are able to take student needs and adapt the class as we go.

We are in the process of getting the website up, along with scheduling classes for the 2018 year.

Although most will be two day classes for rifle, pistol, and combat medical, we will be offering group specific classes. These classes are to be determined by a group of students that are looking for a particular area of training. Example, you have family and/or friends that want to come and train with us...lay out what your needs are, the amount of time desired and my team will put together a tailor made class that will cost no more than a regular scheduled class.

We are looking for what you the student-client want and expect from a training facility. Your past experiences good or bad, and what you'd like to see offered. Either post here or give me a call or text...I'm not very far away from the phone, unless I'm shooting or working on the excavation of the new range.

Be well all,

Cerberus Training Group

509-774-8252

TECC or TCCC certification is a need that is not offered in the PNW as yet. A two-day class with certification as the goal would be ideal. Better if done in a "combat stress" setting with live fire scenarios.

Shotgun and other expanded classes such as combat medical, precision rifle, and small team and group movement are in the works for next year.

The biz is self sufficient, meaning 100% everything that is made from classes, shirts etc., goes back into it.

Working on date specific goals for range expansion, facilities upgrade, and classes.

Phase 1 is done, which is the main shooting pit.
Phase 2 - Expanding range out to 200 yards with bench rest sheds.
Phase 3 - Better fenced parking and covered area for breaks during classes.

For the most part I am an unknown. But have made wonderful contacts with the people who have attended, as well as those who've made inquiries.

Stay tuned...

Running The Gun this weekend was an excellent class. It's amazing how my skills atrophy with a 2 year break in training. Practice is not the same thing. Thanks!

Jeannie and I took the Run the Gun class this weekend, along with @MikeE . I won the entry in the NWFA Winter Giveaway, thank you @Cerberus Group and @Joe Link !! This was my first formal training class and just one more of several for Jeannie. Steve does a good job of teaching without preaching and we were both really happy with the improvements in our shooting as the result of his coaching. The primary focus of the class is to get to the point where you can use your equipment without thinking about it and he does a good job of teaching that.

I really appreciated Steve's practical approach to running the range and class. As he became more confident in our competence we were given more latitude in how we performed the drills. We were allowed to modify the drills and focus on some more than others to suit what we wanted to get out of the class. This reflects his approach to student-driven classes.

You will find some of the lessons to be contradictory to what you may have gotten from other classes, but I found his straight-forward approach to the realities of shooting to be very practical. If you have been to other classes, keep an open mind and try something new. He will tell you why he teaches his methods, and they worked well for us.

I liked that he is very open to whatever equipment you want to work with. He will critique it for you if you ask, but will work with you to make it as good for you as it can be. As long as it doesn't create safety issues you are good to go.

The short version is that we had a good time, learned a lot, got a lot better as shooters, met good people, and feel motivated to practice more and pursue further training. I am watching the Cerberus threads on the NWFA class in the hopes that it may work out that we can attend that as well.

Thanks again to Steve at Cerberus and Joe here at NWFA for a great weekend!!

Kory, Jeannie, and Mike, you three are the reason I keep reminding myself why I prefer small class sizes. Able to do so much more, switch curriculum on the fly and mainly allow the student to get out of the usual range protocol small-box and start thinking well past the drills and manipulations.

Most of my teaching has been rifle classes the past few years, so getting back to pistol work was very refreshing for me.

Thank you three for a very enjoyable weekend, and the learning time I got from you as well!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top