JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Think I'm jinxed. Is this a common problem ? I got the first one unstuck but this one is really in there. I had lots a lube on it, even took a cue tip and lubed the inside. Its the hornady resizing die for 243.
Any tips on getting the thing out?

IMG_0202_zpsceenkdz7.jpg IMG_0207_zpscgwyf7ta.jpg

Recommendations?
There's a whole bunch and I actually use a lot of common/already have in the household stuff but the common thing is, they pretty much approximate and are equivalent to (in consistency and performance) this stuff..
Use your hand and not a pad.. there's lots of good threads here on this subject..

5aGv0ne5ANQvwM0HDw&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

Well there's your problem.
x2.get some rcbs lube or something more 'sticky' lol. any thing over .223 i use rcbs lube. hell, in a pinch i used 75w90synthetic gear oil. i prefer to put on a nitrile glove and squeeze some lube on it and each case i grab i put lube on. EXCEPT the neck and shoulder. havent had any problems.

if it happens to run dry or out of lube just spit on it.;):cool::cool::D:cool:

i put about 3-400 .223 in a ziplock gallon bag and spray one shot in it then shake it. once the thorough shaking is complete, i have 3-400 nicely lubed cases.

Try putting in the freezer over night then luke warm water like 120-130f may soften the brass enough to remove. If you don't have access to a remover or close to buy one.

Most lubes are made from lanolin. I make my own lube. 1 part lanolin to 8 parts alcohol. Mixed in a generic spray bottle. I've been using this for a while and refuse to pay the crazy mark up reloading companies charge for basically the same thing. That and this is less toxic.

Clean cases, clean dies, and proper lube will prevent this in the future. I have been using Hornady One Shot for many years with no stuck cases. Clean your cases before you resize and clean your dies often as well.

It looks like the die has a neoprene O ring on it, You might try taking that off, warming the die in an oven at about 250 Deg, F., or so, then quench JUST the end of the case in ice water, and try and remove the case with a set of pliers. Brass transfers heat well, and this MIGHT shrink the brass enough.

If you can't get a hold of a case remover, if you can back the de-capping stem out enough, you could go to a hardware store, buy a 1/4" x 20 tap, and tap drill, (13/64" or a #7,) drill and tap the case head, and use a regular socket, (or a couple of nuts,) that will fit over the case head, and still bear on the bottom of the die, and with a 1/4"x 20 bolt and washer, screw the bolt into the case, and the case should pop right out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top