Oregon Arms & Ammunition

Strange 9mm

MechaNik

Reactions
  • National Rifle Association
  • Oregon Firearms Federation
  • Second Amendment Foundation
  • Gun Owners of America
At the range this weekend, I found a casing that very much reminds me of a .308 from an HK. This is just a standard 9mm brass. Anyone know what this came out of? My Google Foo turned up nothing.

KIMG0590.JPG

Reactions
I've seen that on 308 brass before. 9mm was news to me but I figured it was some sort of machine gun chamber.

Xaevian

Reactions
Wow, it vents gas around the cartridge? All new meaning to delayed blowback. Learn something every day. Creative dynamic for sure. I would think it would cause more fouling. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions
Not particularly dirty. The fluting in the chamber is to allow ejection of spent brass even if the extractor is broken. The brass may not land in the same place, but it will eject. The delayed blowback comes from a gas port and a piston located under the barrel.

Reactions
Sorry. As said prior there is plenty of 9mm brass that is once fired. To answer the question it is safe to reload given the condition of the case. That one shown looks like it a recycle. I reload MP5 9mm to max charges. I do not reuse them again. If they are once fired fresh factory ammo, I’d reload them.
But then you would have to “know”. Good question.

Dyjital

Reactions
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Law Around Here
  • Woke Up Like This
Is it safe to reload, or does it just limit the number of times that you can force it back into shape?
Safe? I don't know.
I know that I have had some in my mix and it was treated the same. After sizing and cleaning you wouldn't be able to spot it.
I also cannot attest to if I have loaded any that is in one of my many 9mm bins.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Pistol April 4th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Rifle April 5th
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is a great guy to work with! I have had several transactions with him and will continue to do business with him. He is my go to dealer!
    • hker71
  • Straight Shooter Supply
    1.00 star(s)
    A relative of mine recently went through this place to purchase a handgun. They were rude to her, lied to her, and must be new to this FFL stuff...
    • FullMetalJerk
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is great. Easy to deal with, super low prices on his transfers.
    • DizzyJ
    5.00 star(s)
    Had my first transaction with Steve and will be recommending him to anyone in my circle. Good guy with a really helpful attitude and goes the...
    • SonnyJim
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    This is the closest gun close to my house and they have always been super nice. I have bought two guns off them and sold one of mine to them.
    • storminnorm44

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS