JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At the range this weekend, I found a casing that very much reminds me of a .308 from an HK. This is just a standard 9mm brass. Anyone know what this came out of? My Google Foo turned up nothing.

KIMG0590.JPG

I've seen that on 308 brass before. 9mm was news to me but I figured it was some sort of machine gun chamber.

Wow, it vents gas around the cartridge? All new meaning to delayed blowback. Learn something every day. Creative dynamic for sure. I would think it would cause more fouling. Thanks for sharing!

Not particularly dirty. The fluting in the chamber is to allow ejection of spent brass even if the extractor is broken. The brass may not land in the same place, but it will eject. The delayed blowback comes from a gas port and a piston located under the barrel.

Sorry. As said prior there is plenty of 9mm brass that is once fired. To answer the question it is safe to reload given the condition of the case. That one shown looks like it a recycle. I reload MP5 9mm to max charges. I do not reuse them again. If they are once fired fresh factory ammo, I'd reload them.
But then you would have to "know". Good question.

Is it safe to reload, or does it just limit the number of times that you can force it back into shape?
Safe? I don't know.
I know that I have had some in my mix and it was treated the same. After sizing and cleaning you wouldn't be able to spot it.
I also cannot attest to if I have loaded any that is in one of my many 9mm bins.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews