JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'm not ex military, but have the utmost respect for those who served. I would never disrespect them by trying to pass myself off as military, active or otherwise, and would never consider wearing any uniform with patches or insignia (except at a Halloween party as a 10 star general or double colonel). I would also NEVER wear the punisher logo used by Navy SEALs.

I think the OP is talking about posers. I agree that wannabees are tiresome at best. I learned a long time ago as a suburban kid visiting relatives in Cowboy Country who were cowboys, that you always want to portray yourself as you are. Let's just say I was accepted much better in sneakers and a baseball cap than boots and cowboy hat, and rightfully so.

BTW, surplus Vietnam jungle pants were the bomb for hiking back when I lived for that.

I'm not ex military, but have the utmost respect for those who served. I would never disrespect them by trying to pass myself off as military, active or otherwise, and would never consider wearing any uniform with patches or insignia (except at a Halloween party as a 10 star general or double colonel). I would also NEVER wear the punisher logo used by Navy SEALs.

I think the OP is talking about posers. I agree that wannabees are tiresome at best. I learned a long time ago as a suburban kid visiting relatives in Cowboy Country who were cowboys, that you always want to portray yourself as you are. Let's just say I was accepted much better in sneakers and a baseball cap than boots and cowboy hat, and rightfully so.

BTW, surplus Vietnam jungle pants were the bomb for hiking back when I lived for that.

EXACTLY. I wore a pair of Tiger Stripes and used to pretend I was John Wayne from Green Berets running through the forest with a paintball gun at a kid. I make this very specific distinction. Tiger Stripes weren't a current service uniform, nor did I pass that uniform off at a training area/range.

Kinda sounds like an "Us" VS. "Them" stance.
Maybe only those that have served in the military should have the right to vote? Or own Firearms?
If you serve and honor the citizen by ensuring his rights, you must allow that citizen to express those rights as they see fit, not as you would see them expressed.
That is the very freedom you served to protect, and I thank you.

Maybe only those that have served in the military should have the right to vote? Or own Firearms?
If you serve and honor the citizen by ensuring his rights, you must allow that citizen to express those rights as they see fit, not as you would see them expressed.

Yup...That is pretty much it.

What about the guys who drive the Call of Duty Jeeps? If you're going to go postal, I think those guys should really go first, especially if they are at the Carl's Jr. drive through....

Nicely said!!!
I sure wish that local, state and federal governments would govern by the constitution and not by their bleeding hearts!!!!!:mad:

Would you tell her to leave the gun range , because she isn't wearing the right kind of camo.

80767528.jpg

Stolen valor is a serious issue that severely disrespects those who served. And if someone is attempting to pass themselves off as a veteran to garner some benefit, even if it's only respect, then they deserve to be called out on the carpet. But really at some point at your rant all that came to mind was:

There will always be guys at the range in camo. I may think it looks stupid, but I'm not going to go off on some guy because he has a marpat jacket on. You may not think it's appropriate, I may think it looks stupid, but they still have the right. If the government didn't want it, then they'd restrict sales of fabric in current issue patterns. But they don't.

And before you ask, no, I did not serve. I asked to, but by the time I hit 18, I had already had four leg surgeries. Guess I was too big a risk. And I do have a gut now too, thanks. You deserve and have my appreciation for your service, as do all veterans, but you served to defend rights for all of us, not just for some. You served to protect the right for a 400 lb man to put on bdu's and a tac-vest and go to the range. More ironicaly, you also protected the right for people to go overboard and rant.

And for the record, the last time I was at thunder ranch, I just wore jeans and boots. No marpat for Clint.

LightenUpFrancis_zpsbydfhz81.jpg

Stolen valor is a serious issue that severely disrespects those who served. And if someone is attempting to pass themselves off as a veteran to garner some benefit, even if it's only respect, then they deserve to be called out on the carpet. But really at some point at your rant all that came to mind was:

There will always be guys at the range in camo. I may think it looks stupid, but I'm not going to go off on some guy because he has a marpat jacket on. You may not think it's appropriate, I may think it looks stupid, but they still have the right. If the government didn't want it, then they'd restrict sales of fabric in current issue patterns. But they don't.

And before you ask, no, I did not serve. I asked to, but by the time I hit 18, I had already had four leg surgeries. Guess I was too big a risk. And I do have a gut now too, thanks. You deserve and have my appreciation for your service, as do all veterans, but you served to defend rights for all of us, not just for some. You served to protect the right for a 400 lb man to put on bdu's and a tac-vest and go to the range. More ironicaly, you also protected the right for people to go overboard and rant.

And for the record, the last time I was at thunder ranch, I just wore jeans and boots. No marpat for Clint.

I hope not surplus boots!! Going to get "called out".

Yeah yeah. Chick looks 18 at best. When you have daughters nearing that age it does nothing for ya. Give me a real woman with a little more curves and "experience". Ya all keep the teeny boppers.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads