JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I'm tired of seeing your faces. I'm tired of running into you at every gun range or shooting competition I so happen to be entered here in the Portland Metro area. You know who I'm talking about. You come wearing Army, Marine, Navy, and or Airforce uniforms. Full tactical loadout with body armor. I often mistaken you for a retired service member and I ask you what your MOS was/is and I always hear the same answer... "oh I wasn't military I tried but couldn't get in for XYZ". You pollute my eyes and make me want to beat the uniform off of you. Quite frankly you don't deserve to wear it. Did you survive 0day during basic? Did tears run down your eyes when your Drill told you that you deserved to finally wear the uniform? Did you dodge bullets between dodging IED's on some perilous road in Iraq? Did you wrap your dead buddy up with his cammie jacket?

Take that uniform off. You didn't earn it. And quite frankly if you can't even tell which service it belongs to.. that makes it even worse. This message is meant to be a dose of reality. Combat veteran shooters are tired of getting dumped on by civilian wannabes. We see you all over the place playing "soldier" but I'm not impressed.

To make matters worse you insult the uniform with your fat body. You don't look tactical you look like a joke. If the body armor plate covering your chest is 1/5th the size of your torso, something is wrong. That plate isn't going to save your life. You need to join a gym or change your diet because statistically speaking you have a better chance of dying from your fat gut and diabetes than the bullets you profess to be training against.

Military uniforms are for military service members and their families ( I don't care if you wear grandpas uniform, you're honoring him) not for some wannabe civilian who couldn't make the cut and wants to look cool.

Every stolen valor piece of crap I run into at the range, I'm calling you out. If you didn't sweat or bleed in that uniform for this country, take it off.

Jarhead6 explains it in better detail.

Last Edited:
I agree anyone that wears a uniform who didn't earn said uniform is a disgrace.
However I'm going to have to disagree when it comes to tactical load out here and assorted armor plates etc. to me that really doesn't tie into being an armed service member. Yes mall ninjas are out there and they look ridiculous but again tactical loadout gear is silly in its own right when Worn in inappropriate environments..

The Stolen Valor Act of 2013 (Pub.L. 113–12; H.R. 258) is a United States federal law that was passed by the 113th United States Congress. The law amends the federal criminal code to make it a crime for a person to fraudulently claim having received any of a series of particular military decorations and awards with the intention of obtaining money, property, or other tangible benefit from convincing someone that he or she rightfully did receive that award.

Wearing of camo and or body armor doesn't constitute Stolen Valor.

This reminds me, I need to stop at the Army surplus store in Boring!

And you should be careful who you "call out" at the range.....Not a wise thing to do! That kind of behavior will get you kicked out of the best ranges around here!

Nother tough guy on the web :rolleyes: save it for the range and see how that works out for ya.

The reason you were in the military was to protect that guys right to wear what he wants.

Last Edited:
Guys walking around telling people they are part of Seal Team 6 is one thing, but if they openly admit to you they didn't serve, what is the problem?

Anyone who is in camouflage is "stealing valor"? o_O

1 Get over yourself
2 Tell your army buddies to quit selling their goods to the surplus store
3 As stated it's a free country and apparently you fought for those fat guys' rights to wear whatever they want
And D,they make great,affordable camo for hunting:cool:
And ps,E,maybe I was a seal team or whale team honorary member after that sighting at the beach:rolleyes:

Wearing a partial military uniform or even wearing "military like" equipment without military insignia then telling people you did not serve in the military is not "stolen valor".

Stolen valor is claiming to be in the military, maintaining a rank or earning a medal or achievement when you did not.

I don't have a problem with people wearing camo but I do have a problem with people wearing service specific uniforms with patches/military emblems when they have zero affiliation. Its basic respect. You can quote the specific law of what stolen valor amounts to but I consider it disrespect for civilians to put on my service uniform and try and match up to the exact layout of a soldier/marine/airmen/sailor. Unless you're in some kind of reenact capacity or you're wearing Grandpas uniform, what other purpose is there than to impersonate a military service member?

Would you have the balls to come to Thunder Ranch in full Marine Corps cammies and disrespect Clint Smith (retired USMC) with your pathetic attempt of a uniform? Probably not. Just like I wouldn't put on Navy Seal jumpsuits as I wasn't a Navy Seal or an Airmen TacP uniform out of respect for their services/branch. That goes unspoken.

To the little chumps that wanna complain about my service record, I'm proud of my service. Wanna compare DD214's?

Sooo--I'm guessing this would set you off?

AirsoftKid.JPG

I served so people would be able to exercise all of their liberties; including the liberties of those who voice/air their dissaproval of what some people wear .

A truly emancipated spirit cannot be bridled by its own emancipation.

Sweet freedom of expression!:p

Besides, impersonation is the highest form of flattery.....:rolleyes:

I did know a few slobs who disgraced the uniform (and the country) when I was in the service....but that was a much higher standard.:D

I hope my Avatar doesn't upset anyone. I was not in WWII for the record.

I did serve in the cold war and just missed any combat by half a year. Phew! That inactive reserve thing sucks!

Military gear is cool and functional.

Some people go too far and yes it's laughable but it's not stolen valor. That's a whole other thing and it's despicable, but wearing the odd Field Jacket or camo pants or even more, what's the big deal?

I'm tired of seeing your faces. I'm tired of running into you at every gun range or shooting competition I so happen to be entered here in the Portland Metro area. You know who I'm talking about. You come wearing Army, Marine, Navy, and or Airforce uniforms. Full tactical loadout with body armor. I often mistaken you for a retired service member and I ask you what your MOS was/is and I always hear the same answer... "oh I wasn't military I tried but couldn't get in for XYZ". You pollute my eyes and make me want to beat the uniform off of you. Quite frankly you don't deserve to wear it. Did you survive 0day during basic? Did tears run down your eyes when your Drill told you that you deserved to finally wear the uniform? Did you dodge bullets between dodging IED's on some perilous road in Iraq? Did you wrap your dead buddy up with his cammie jacket?

Take that uniform off. You didn't earn it. And quite frankly if you can't even tell which service it belongs to.. that makes it even worse. This message is meant to be a dose of reality. Combat veteran shooters are tired of getting dumped on by civilian wannabes. We see you all over the place playing "soldier" but I'm not impressed.

To make matters worse you insult the uniform with your fat body. You don't look tactical you look like a joke. If the body armor plate covering your chest is 1/5th the size of your torso, something is wrong. That plate isn't going to save your life. You need to join a gym or change your diet because statistically speaking you have a better chance of dying from your fat gut and diabetes than the bullets you profess to be training against.

Military uniforms are for military service members and their families ( I don't care if you wear grandpas uniform, you're honoring him) not for some wannabe civilian who couldn't make the cut and wants to look cool.

Every stolen valor piece of crap I run into at the range, I'm calling you out. If you didn't sweat or bleed in that uniform for this country, take it off.

Jarhead6 explains it in better detail.

Real gangsters don't need to tell the world and don't let posers trying to be players bother them.

Or so the cool kids these days tell me; they might be on to something:p.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top