JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Eugene, OR
My vehicle windows were smashed on the 23rd and my Kimber .380 was stolen.
If you happen to see a gun like this come up for sale, please message me.
The azzwipes took everything that was in my car, including my wallet with every bit of my ID, CHL, Instructor's licenses, etc...
(Yes, I know it was stupid to leave it all in the car. We were in a location where I wasn't allowed to carry the firearm. It was not in plain site.)

There was video of the incident.
Champagne colored Isuzu Trooper, no plate number. River Road Santa Clara area,two white men. One driving never exited the car. The other bashed my windows with something heavy and dirty to gain entry.
Thief is approx. 6' tall, medium build with a reddish beard. He was wearing a gray hoodie and light colored pants.
The make/color of the vehicle is unusual. There cannot be too many of them in Eugene.
Apparently these guys hit 7 other cars in the same lot in the last week.
Please keep your eyes peeled. .380.png

That sucks. River Road area is a real sh1t hole anymore. I frequent the Fred Meyer and always see people going through the parking lot looking in cars. I also witness people walk out with food and alcohol without paying (every time)
I will keep an eye out for that vehicle and will contact LEO if I see it. Did you file a police report?
Be vigilant at home as now they know you have firearms and know where you live.
I HATE thieves.

That sucks. River Road area is a real sh1t hole anymore. I frequent the Fred Meyer and always see people going through the parking lot looking in cars. I also witness people walk out with food and alcohol without paying (every time)
I will keep an eye out for that vehicle and will contact LEO if I see it. Did you file a police report?
Be vigilant at home as now they know you have firearms and know where you live.
I HATE thieves.

If they show up, show them your bigger gun.

If they show up, show them your bigger gun.

Yes, a police report was filed. Officer Greene is the responding officer.
I see thefts at the Freddies and Albertsons there as well. The parking lots are dangerous.
Thanks for watching for them. I'm offering a $500 reward for recovery of my purse, wallet and gun or the conviction of those involved.

I hate thieves and if I catch these guys, they'll have more than a broken window.

If this happened next year after the gun storage legislation, then you would face a fine of up to $2,000 and be civilly liable if someone uses that "unsecured gun" to shoot another person or property.

Don't leave your gun and wallet in your vehicle. Ever.

Oh sorry, also next year Senate Majority Leader Ginny Burdick, D-Portland will narrow exemptions in the law that allows people to take concealed handguns into public buildings. "A number of public entities would like to have the option to keep anyone with a gun off the grounds," Burdick said. Those include schools, universities and the Port of Portland, she said.

Have an unexpected stop and find out that you are about to enter a gun free zone? Hard choice to make.

My firearm was taken along with my Coach purse, my wallet, my credit cards and bank cards, my medications, my keys to both home and office.... etcccc....

You forgot to leave them your family heirloom diamond bracelet, bankbook, SS card, book of blank checks, and list of passwords..... jeesh...

Only giving you a hard time. We are all vulnerable. Many years ago I was hit pretty hard by a smash and grab thief who got a lot of my stuff including some guns. Learned the lesson the hard way too... Hope you get them recovered and prosecuted. Don't hold your breath.

It's a hard lesson, but NEVER leave valuables in a car and if you MUST do so lock it in a fixed metal storage box that cannot be taken from the car unless they have bolt cutters.

Sad to hear especially this time of year. Hope these punks get nailed!!

I would suggest a locking metal box for the future. I have one in my truck that is bolted to the truck. They might get in but they will never get what they want.

Trust me. NOBODY could beat myself up harder over this than I could. I feel like an idiot about it .
I'm
Sure you've already done so, but change those locks on your home. If you've got cameras, don't be surprised if they show up with keys trying to gain entrance.
Yep. Already done:)

If you don't already have camera's at home, I've had great luck with Wyze camera's. I have 4 of them, total set-up was $60 per camera and no monthly charges. They do send you an 12 sec video of the motion they capture, then you can ping them for live video. It also has an micro SD card that captures 30 days of video. Sadly some in our society lack character.