JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a ruger 22 hornet (target model) that is going to be getting (possibly) a sendero contoured bull barrel and I wanted to get a recommendation for someone who can rout the barrel channel for the slightly larger contour barrel and bed it.

Thanks!

Wrap a wood dowel of the appropriate size with some 100 grit sand paper and run it back and forth in the barrel channel just before you get there switch to 150 grit and smooth it out. Once its nice and smooth wrap some 220 grit around the dowel and make it read for finish. Put a 1/2 dozen coats of true oil on it to seal it and your golden.

it sounds pretty easy- how about bedding it?

This is going to be a pretty spendy project for me already but I am afraid to butcher the stock because I was being cheap as I have not done this before. I think this isn't the best project to be trying it out on lol.

it sounds pretty easy- how about bedding it?

This is going to be a pretty spendy project for me already but I am afraid to butcher the stock because I was being cheap as I have not done this before. I think this isn't the best project to be trying it out on lol.

Follow Mark W's suggestion for "routing out" the barrel channel. When you bed the action, put a couple of layers of vinyl pipe tape (the thick black stuff they sell at Home Depot) on the bottom of the barrel, starting where you want the action bedding to end, and coat the inside of the stock all the way to the front of the forend. The bedding material will form an excellent barrier to water and humidity as well as a nice smooth finish.

There are a couple of videos posted in Midway's "How To" section.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top