JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I texted the previous owner of the phone and asked her what service she was using with the phone when she had it.

If you find out you can try calling that carrier to see if it's locked to them. If you aren't a customer they may not play real nice with you.

It must not be 'locked' as I know she was NOT using Straight Talk - but I can't remember who it was specifically.

I'm guessing AT&T or Verizon. Straight Talk just sends you a SIM card compatible with the previous carrier, and that's the network you use. I would just pick up a used or new older model AT&T or Verizon phone.

Edit: Actually, I would call straight talk and find out which network you are using, and just pick up a newer model phone from that carrier on ebay/amazon. If you stick with iphone I'm guessing you could just transfer the SIM card into the new phone.

Last Edited:
I had the iPhone 5s, I tried real hard to like it.
After 3 weeks of dicking around, uploading and downloading through 3rd party sites, I was pissed. That, along with not having access to the file tree, like I have with my Windows PC, I tossed it in the drawer and bought the Galaxy S5. I was in Nerd Heaven. In control again!!!

Since upgrading to the Galaxy S10 Plus, I've been Geeked.

Got a Google Pixel, runs the Android O.S. and works pretty much the same as the Galaxy, with out the cost or big name! Loved my S6, but this Pixel is way faster, easier and more intuitive to use, and have way more memory! Also has an armor tuf chassis, so no need to a separate case or screen protector!

I had an iPhone 6s for years but eventually the 6s stop with the iOS updates so I got and iPhone 11. Pretty slick by enabling Bluetooth and putting on our home Wi-Fi it automatically the iPhone 11 picked that there was iPhone 6s next to so I was able to copy my 6S data to my new iPhone 11. I had to download all of the applications but it retained all of contacts and everything.

After I was done copying the data I activated my iPhone 11. Took about 90 minutes for the copy since have my own CDs and a fair amount of pictures.

Do you use a straight talk phone or BYOD? I used straight talk for awhile and was happy with the service when using my old AT&T phone, but hated it when I bought one of theirs because they use Sprint and the coverage here in Hillsboro and elsewhere was terrible.

To the original question, I much prefer the Samsung Galaxy '+' form-factor to I-phones.
I have used Sprint for most of 20 years with both a Samsung and an iPhone (now a 10XR). I have had zero problems with either the phone itself (other than operator being a dummy) or the service itself. Have lived on the Westside in all that time, from Rock Creek to Tigard.

Wife has Samsung, I have Iphone. I had the Iphone 5s for more than 3 years, then the battery stopped holding a charge effectively.

Verizon had a deal for the Iphone 6 for I believe $100 or close to it, so I scooped that up and I have had it for the past close to 2 years. I love how quickly the phone generations come out, while all the sheep rush to get the newest one for $1000 I can continually upgrade for significantly less.

Personally, I prefer the user interface of the Iphone.

Apple. Elegant programming, Convenient, Fragile, epitomizes the "sheep will follow" culture. Three in my house have and wouldn't think of using anything else. I think I stopped with iPhone 4. Bought the latest iphone for my youngest for her b-day. I insisted she get a screen protector for it. Good thing. Within a month, she dropped it and shattered the protector screen but not the phone screen. Stopped buying Macbooks years ago because they weren't reliable.

Not getting a new service - just a phone.
Currently have Straight Talk with zero problems - other than having to get a new phone!
Use a Samsung J-Crown phone on Straight Talk for charity work. It has way more features than I would ever use.

Neither - just an I5 I bought used a few years ago when I went with Straight Talk.
The L5 is one of the best phones, and one of the last phones you can remove/replace the battery easily. Wife uses one and doesn't want to give it up.

My work phone is a Samsung S9. Durable little thing - I've dropped it hundreds of times and no-breaky. I'd have gone through a dozen iPhones in that time.
What I *hate* about Androids is the requirement to be tied to Google. I need to upgrade my Android for company security (hah!) and I have dragged my feet for months because I have to tie all my info to the phone. Phuk you, Google. Just give me a phone.

I use straight talk in Central Oregon as well. The best coverage I've found is by getting a phone that allows the verizon SIM. Only a few phones are ready for unlocked CDMA/GSM, the newer iphones and galaxies... But also the LG G40.

You can pick up an unlocked G40 on eBay for around $275 new. It's a big phone, but has an excellent DAC for listening to music and takes a microSD for expandable storage. The battery life is decent too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top