JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have to get a new phone soon as my Iphone 5 will soon quit working.

I can get an Iphone 7 from my carrier for $149 and a Samsung for about that as well.

Thoughts?

Let not get into a 'numbers' war - I.E. Iphone numbers specifically as I do NOT need the latest and greatist.

iPhone's user walls = thumbupd.png

Samsung S10+ 1tb, last phone I will ever buy...
Until Samsung themselves kills it, anyway.

Samsung (Android in general) has really stepped up the security game.
I recently stepped up from the S5 to the S10+

Last Edited:
Still using a BlackBerry Passport. It's vintage 2016 but it does everything I need it do. Phone, text, video chat, email, Web. Camera is excellent. Runs android apps but being slightly outdated on the runtime, the apps need to be prior to android 4.2. You can find them new on ebay for a couple hundred or less. The cool factor can't be beat either, it just completes the whole package that is me. :cool:
Physical keyboard baby!:s0053:

blackberry-passport-1.jpg

I'm stuck using Apple as I've got everything backed up using their clouds and don't wish to try and convert over to anyone else's system.

My 7 is a few years old now and it is telling me I need to replace the battery.

Biggest downside to Apple is the battery life.

All three of us use apple.

2 version 8's and 1 version 11.

Never had a problem and started with 3's.

Batteries are easy to get replaced as are screens if you don't use a good case.

I have an Iphone work phone and a LG G5 Android personal.
The Iphone is more user-friendly but I'm used to the Android navigation.

I would say that if you're used to Iphone, then stay with Iphone.
If at all possible...
Don't sign up for a contract.
Get an "unlocked" phone.

Last Edited:
Not getting a new service - just a phone.

Currently have Straight Talk with zero problems - other than having to get a new phone!

Do you use a straight talk phone or BYOD? I used straight talk for awhile and was happy with the service when using my old AT&T phone, but hated it when I bought one of theirs because they use Sprint and the coverage here in Hillsboro and elsewhere was terrible.

To the original question, I much prefer the Samsung Galaxy '+' form-factor to I-phones.

Neither - just an I5 I bought used a few years ago when I went with Straight Talk.

Was it a used AT&T or Verizon phone? The reason I ask is that if your used phone was AT&T or Verizon you'll probably be really unhappy if you buy a straight talk phone, unless you have good Sprint coverage where you live. That was my experience anyway.

Tried Android two phones ago, went back to Apple. It just works and is seamless with my other apple products.

I buy mine outright vrs. And "upgrade" plan where they bake the cost of the phone in over time. Business plan w/6 phones on it.

I have an Iphone work phone and a LG G5 Android personal.
The Iphone is more user-friendly but I'm used to the Android navigation.

I would say that if you're used to Iphone, then stay with Iphone.
If at all possible...
Don't sign up for a contract.
Get an "unlocked" phone.

I wonder if unlocked phones suffer the sudden issues that direct-from-carrier phones have?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top