JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Sold by Indianapolis Ordinance as a pistol, and I was told its Ok to switch to rifle configuration as long as the stock matches.
You just can't assemble it with the wrong butt stock. That's where you get the ATF questioning what you have without the proper paperwork.
Thanks for the message.

Last Edited:
Its a awesome set up. As long as you don't have the original stock on it your golden. My wife is a battle field 5 game addict and this is her favorite gun. HA!

The BATFE has made it very clear that once a receiver is built into a rifle, whether by a factory or by you, it is always a rifle and converting it to a pistol is illegal. However, it is perfectly legal to build the receiver into a pistolfirst and then convert it to a rifle
So I can put a stock on any pistol as long as it has a 16" barrel. Right ?

Per the ATF:
"Assuming that the firearm was originally a pistol, the resulting firearm, with an attached shoulder stock, is not an NFA firearm if it has a barrel of 16 inches or more in length. Pursuant to ATF Ruling 2011-4, such rifle may later be unassembled and again configured as a pistol. Such configuration would not be considered a "weapon made from a rifle" as defined by 26 U.S.C. § 5845(a)(4).

[26 U.S.C. § 5845, 27 C.F.R. § 479.11; ATF Ruling 2011-4]".

I really like this pistol

Thank you iceberg for clarifying,
That's what I read.
Indianapolis Ordinance sells these as pistols which is what they're born as, then they offer the other legal parts as extras. It is up to you to know the laws and assemble it accordingly.

So I can put a stock on any pistol as long as it has a 16" barrel. Right ?
Yes, look at the Mechtech website. They have been making an upper to turn many different pistols into a rifle for decades now. You can buy them online by mail since the "lower" or frame of the pistol is used. Now days there are others offering the same kind of setups to turn your favorite pistol into a PCC (Pistol caliber rifle). As long as when there is a stock there is a 16" barrel it's fine with the Feds.
Now word of caution here!! Some guns are made to be both. As an example TNW makes a rifle and pistol that the barrels just screw on the receiver. I have a couple of the rifles. If I buy one of the pistol length barrels from them, and do not have one of their guns sold as a pistol, I "could be" charged if found with them. The Feds long ago made laws about having the parts to make and illegal gun even if it's not put together. Of course to get into trouble they would probably have to be coming for you for some reason but, still wise to take care to stay on the good side of them :

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.