steel spinner target?

Reactions
What is your favorite steel spinner target? I am looking for one for .22's, and possibly small caliber hand gun in the future. I need one that has good sized plates so that it will be fun for my wife to shoot at. She doesn't have fun if she is missing and she's not the best shot. Most of the bimart ones I have looked at have very small targets. What would you recommend? or Have you built your own? If anyone is making a good quality one at home I might be willing to buy one depending on price.

OP
finch6013
Reactions
Yes that is what I seen. I like those for myself, But my wife has a hard time hitting a clay pigeon set up on a gravel pile from 20 yards so she wont be very good at hitting them. I am trying to get her into shooting more but she doesn't have enough interest in it to go if she cant do well. So that doesn't leave much time for her to get better before she wants to go home or not go at all.

Reactions
If you have a particular design that you would want,draw it up,i could probably fab something up in a few hours.
Looking at making my own portable target stands in the near furure.
RK

Reactions
Birchwood Casey, makers of the one i posted above, also make one that's for up to .44mag, and is 4 1/4" and 6" across. That may be the ticket for your wife. As a comparison the one above is 2 1/2" across. Not sure where to get them but heres the site:

http://www.birchwoodcasey.com/sport/index.html

About half way down the page. I dunno if a .22 will spin that big of a target around, but at least she'd be hitting something.

Reactions
I am looking for steel at the moment. I was told that there was a guy in beavercreek OR that makes them but no ammount of research has led me to him
<broken link removed>

STRONGLY recommend their products!!!

These are ARMOR PLATE targets! I've shot green tipped 5.56 Lake City at these and didn't put holes through it! They had a standard steel one too, so I could see that penetrator rounds would go through 3/8" thick standard steel.

SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE1SBQI4u-Q

OP
finch6013
Reactions
those look like really nice targets. A bit out of my price range right now but for anyone looking for an awesome target check out saluteproducts.com. I think I will probably be having by freind that owns a metal fab shop make one for me so it will be cost effective.
Im all about supporting local businesses. Keep our money in the local community and not overseas or in large chains.

Reactions
those look like really nice targets. A bit out of my price range right now but for anyone looking for an awesome target check out saluteproducts.com. I think I will probably be having by freind that owns a metal fab shop make one for me so it will be cost effective.
Im all about supporting local businesses. Keep our money in the local community and not overseas or in large chains.
Okay. I hope your not shooting anything at 'em besides handgun calibers and .22, unless he's got some AR 500 High-Carbon Steel to make 'em out of.

Post pics when you have them!

OP
finch6013
Reactions
I will post some pics of what I make. Hopefully I will fab something during the week or next weekend. I have to order the metal, and depending on price I might have to wait a while

Reactions
They have those birchwoodcasey spinners at Sportsman's Warehouse for around $30. The bigger disk is great for handguns and the smaller for .22 rifles. It doesn't spin all the way around but makes a nice sound. Don't shoot it with .223 or 7.62x39 though:).

Reactions
I have made my own steel spinners. .22's dont even dent them, .223 will leave divits, .243 divits, 30-06 at 50yards hit an existing divit and went through it. Ive found that the extra hard (hardox) will actually get a hole instead of a divit. So good ol mild steel FTW

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gun Pro Shooting Supplies
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Little Shop!
    I went in the place several weeks ago while visiting my kid at school. I ended up buying a new set of electronic ear muffs as my old ones were...
  • Gun Pro Shooting Supplies
    5.00 star(s)
    My go-to
    Neil has been nothing but professional, helpful and fair since I was a brand new shooter. He and his staff treat everyone with respect and you...
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    1.00 star(s)
    Completely unhappy!
    Not happy, customer service is highly lacking, and the male employees are rude. We wont be back!!
  • Wildcat Mountain
    4.00 star(s)
    Wildcat Mountain Nov. 30
    Went there today, it was accessible but bad conditions which I kind of expected. Melting snow, mud, etc. No one there and I didn't see a lot of...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
Top Bottom