JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is your favorite steel spinner target? I am looking for one for .22's, and possibly small caliber hand gun in the future. I need one that has good sized plates so that it will be fun for my wife to shoot at. She doesn't have fun if she is missing and she's not the best shot. Most of the bimart ones I have looked at have very small targets. What would you recommend? or Have you built your own? If anyone is making a good quality one at home I might be willing to buy one depending on price.

I have one of these:

With my 10/22 i can hit it no problem at 100yards. its a little tougher with my Mk III with open sites at 25 yards though. Prolly what you saw at bi-mart. ~$30.

Yes that is what I seen. I like those for myself, But my wife has a hard time hitting a clay pigeon set up on a gravel pile from 20 yards so she wont be very good at hitting them. I am trying to get her into shooting more but she doesn't have enough interest in it to go if she cant do well. So that doesn't leave much time for her to get better before she wants to go home or not go at all.

If you have a particular design that you would want,draw it up,i could probably fab something up in a few hours.
Looking at making my own portable target stands in the near furure.
RK

Birchwood Casey, makers of the one i posted above, also make one that's for up to .44mag, and is 4 1/4" and 6" across. That may be the ticket for your wife. As a comparison the one above is 2 1/2" across. Not sure where to get them but heres the site:

http://www.birchwoodcasey.com/sport/index.html

About half way down the page. I dunno if a .22 will spin that big of a target around, but at least she'd be hitting something.

thanks for the link. Looks like something like that would work. First I am going to look into having someone make me something or making my own at my buddies shop

I am looking for steel at the moment. I was told that there was a guy in beavercreek OR that makes them but no ammount of research has led me to him

<broken link removed>

STRONGLY recommend their products!!!

These are ARMOR PLATE targets! I've shot green tipped 5.56 Lake City at these and didn't put holes through it! They had a standard steel one too, so I could see that penetrator rounds would go through 3/8" thick standard steel.

SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE1SBQI4u-Q

those look like really nice targets. A bit out of my price range right now but for anyone looking for an awesome target check out saluteproducts.com. I think I will probably be having by freind that owns a metal fab shop make one for me so it will be cost effective.
Im all about supporting local businesses. Keep our money in the local community and not overseas or in large chains.

those look like really nice targets. A bit out of my price range right now but for anyone looking for an awesome target check out saluteproducts.com. I think I will probably be having by freind that owns a metal fab shop make one for me so it will be cost effective.
Im all about supporting local businesses. Keep our money in the local community and not overseas or in large chains.

Okay. I hope your not shooting anything at 'em besides handgun calibers and .22, unless he's got some AR 500 High-Carbon Steel to make 'em out of.

Post pics when you have them!

I will post some pics of what I make. Hopefully I will fab something during the week or next weekend. I have to order the metal, and depending on price I might have to wait a while

I am thinking 1/4 or 3/8 plate for the target. Again it will be a .22 target. any opinions? I know it all depends on the carbon hardness But in general would 1/4 be enough?

They have those birchwoodcasey spinners at Sportsman's Warehouse for around $30. The bigger disk is great for handguns and the smaller for .22 rifles. It doesn't spin all the way around but makes a nice sound. Don't shoot it with .223 or 7.62x39 though:).

I have made my own steel spinners. .22's dont even dent them, .223 will leave divits, .243 divits, 30-06 at 50yards hit an existing divit and went through it. Ive found that the extra hard (hardox) will actually get a hole instead of a divit. So good ol mild steel FTW

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top