JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to add to the collection a steel/metal framed pistol chambered in the .45 caliber that is NOT a 1911.

I have several 1911's, i have a G21 gen 4. I just want to add something to the collection. At the moment I'm looking at the Sig p220's but I'm wondering what else is out there?

I'm looking to add to the collection a steel/metal framed pistol chambered in the .45 caliber that is NOT a 1911.

I have several 1911's, i have a G21 gen 4. I just want to add something to the collection. At the moment I'm looking at the Sig p220's but I'm wondering what else is out there?
CZ 97 is one I would look at. See if you can find a shop that has one you can fondle. I am a big time 1911 guy but I still always have like the looks of the CZ stuff.

Full size EAA Witness. 10 rounds with stainless slide and frame. Excellent shooter :)

20190331_160747.jpg

Star Firestars are available in 9, 40, and 45 and have nice single action only triggers. Heavy but accurate. Parts are still available. Prices on GB run in the low 300's or sometimes high 200's.

CZ 97 is one I would look at. See if you can find a shop that has one you can fondle. I am a big time 1911 guy but I still always have like the looks of the CZ stuff.
I love my 1911s, I'm just wanting something "new" I've owned nearly every design of polymer on the market, revolvers, but no non-1911 metal .45 acp

Sig P227 is aluminum framed. I have one and it is a handful (literally being double stack .45), but it is a great shooter.

I love my 1911s, I'm just wanting something "new" I've owned nearly every design of polymer on the market, revolvers, but no non-1911 metal .45 acp
Nothing wrong with that. I almost can't look at any gun and not want one. Find a shop that has one of these and see how it feels. CZ has gone in big on Polymer like others have but this one is a steel .45 with 10 round capacity.

You might give the Stoeger Cougar a look my son has one it's quite the shooter. Very accurate. A Berreta design being made in Turkey. Very good craftsmanship.

P series had one. Have not seen one in ages but must be lots of them floating around. Had forgotten about them, P90. They did have that famous "P series trigger". Never really bothered me but many just hated it.

I actually really really hate ruger as a company, the 94 assault weapons ban they helped draft left a bitter taste in my mouth. (That and my sr9 got recalled 3 times and was my first handgun I ever bought)

BERSA is a good one , but not all that common in 45

Boy, I'm hard pressed to think of a .45 that isn't a 1911 and steel. The Sig was the only thing I could think of. I have an FNX 45 tactical that I absolutely love and would highly recommend, though it is a bit large. It does have a polymer frame but 15 rounds of 45 makes for an awesome home defense gun!

The IWI Baby Eagle is one that is metal, super reliable, great trigger and mags are lower in cost then most. The 97b is also a fantastic choice like others have said.

I actually really really hate ruger as a company, the 94 assault weapons ban they helped draft left a bitter taste in my mouth. (That and my sr9 got recalled 3 times and was my first handgun I ever bought)
Ruger now is not the same person. That was Bill Sr. and he was sadly like many gun owners. Had strange idea's about what "civilians" should be able to own. He is dead, his family was bought out and no longer has anything to do with the Co. that has his name.

BERSA is a good one , but not all that common in 45
Forgot they made one. I hear they are nice for the price. One big downside is the damn mags. Last time buddy of mine was looking at one there was only one place to buy mags, the Distributor, and they were about $50 each. Wife a while back bought one of their double stack .380's. Loved the pistol but it was the same. Only one place to buy the mags at $50 each. I bought a few of them. Could almost buy another gun for what the mags ran :)

Star Firestars are available in 9, 40, and 45 and have nice single action only triggers. Heavy but accurate. Parts are still available. Prices on GB run in the low 300's or sometimes high 200's.
Classic East Asai gangsta pistol right there. LoL

I'd totally get a Sig P220, actually prefer them to 1911's as far as a "cold grip" goes...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top