JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have a P220 (alloy frame) and a CZ 97 BD, both have decockers rather than safeties. I actually traded my 1911 for the Sig. Both are excellent pistols, but in different classes IMO. The CZ is pretty much pure range toy/target piece, it's big, heavy at about 40 oz. empty, has no rail, and off the shelf holsters are hard to find. The alloy framed Sig weighs a quarter less, is a bit smaller, though still large for a carry piece, and is generally easier to get stuff for. Only holds 8 vs. 10 for the CZ, factory mags are expensive for both, but good aftermarket options are available.

The CZ is a very soft shooter, especially with light target loads, and the trigger can be improved with just some minor hand work, and made VERY good if you're willing to spend some coin on it. Lots of weight up front due to the full length dust cover, between that and the low bore axis, muzzle flip is pretty minor. Grip is fairly large, if a 1911 is as large as you're comfortable with, this might be a bit much. If the Beretta 92 fits, then no problem.

The Sig is a bit snappier than the CZ with the same ammo, hardly a surprise, like I said, 25% lighter, a bit shorter, and the bore axis is higher. Still a nice shooter, especially for a service type pistol. Lots of folks dislike the stock trigger, especially the reset, not an issue for me. It's more ammo picky than the CZ, and part of that is purely mechanical. The mags have dimples on either side toward the front, longer TC style bullets hit these, making them difficult if not impossible to load. And even if you do manage to force one past the dimples, you're just asking for FTF's. RN's are no problem, and mine is also fine with Gold Dots. I had this problem with 2 loads from the same, now out of business, company, 185 & 230 gr. HP's from HPR. Bullet specific, I have some hand loads using a 225 gr. coated TC that feed just fine. Again, this is the alloy framed Sig, I have no experience with the steel framed versions. Either way, you probably couldn't go wrong. Later.

Dave

Forgot they made one. I hear they are nice for the price. One big downside is the damn mags. Last time buddy of mine was looking at one there was only one place to buy mags, the Distributor, and they were about $50 each. Wife a while back bought one of their double stack .380's. Loved the pistol but it was the same. Only one place to buy the mags at $50 each. I bought a few of them. Could almost buy another gun for what the mags ran :)

The mags are spendy. They make UCP pro .they are a nice shooting accurate little pistol but a bit of a hand full in 45.

How about a 3rd gen S&W? upload_2019-4-1_13-48-58.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads