JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CMMG, Black Dog, and ATI/Chiappa all worked just fine for me.

EDIT: I had the Chiappa upper on a standard lower and another better brand upper (cant remember which) on a standard lower but that was a while ago and I havnt researched if there is a metal feed lip version out or not but depending on the maker if there is I would go for those.

Last Edited:
15/22 mags and a better mag adapter.
This ^^^^^ or Black Dog Machine. I have run into issues with all others. A dedicated upper is definitely the way to go in my opinion. My personal choice was a CMMG banshee 22lr dedicated upper 4.5" barrel length on a SBR lower and am running black dog machine mags without issue. The CMMG mags have caused the occasional feeding issue.

I don't have personal experience with the 15/22 mags as the Black Dog mags have run well enough for me to not explore that option. They were also hard to come by for a long time. I have heard the 15/22 mags mentioned often enough though as the better option via an adapter it has kept me curious.

I have zero issues with the adapter and having last round bolt hold open is worth it for manual of arms consistency.

E23F82F7-F860-43AE-85E1-6F9E4CD17E3F.jpeg D2E12604-198A-4C40-9F65-4388B1A17E75.jpeg

Black Dog is a reputable company. They do have bolt hold open, but instead of operating on a bolt catch, the bolt catches on the follower.
Is there a specific lower that you have to have to operate it? Do you know if you can use the mag adapter for the Beretta 92 mags?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top