JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I acquired this part years ago and I incorporated it on a pistol build. I just received a Magpul MS-1 sling with quick disconnects and it appears that the receiver end plate is too thick to hold the qd on the sling. :eek::eek::eek:
Are there any AR QD's that work with this end plate?
I guess I could replace it with a mil spec end plate and use the QD mount on the SB-A3 and be done with it.
See pics

880BBBBF-63DB-4124-A43B-0F78E8464716.jpeg E403DEB1-CF6E-4104-B706-E3D45E68DD4E.jpeg

Hit it with a chamfering tool on the receiver (front) side to allow the ball bearings a place to go.

Or use an HK sling clip.
Thanks for your reply.
I thought about that but believe the beveled edge would pull out easily with a 45-60° angle
versus a 90° angle. I could file the surface down to allow the ball bearings to extend fully and hold.
I just swapped it out for the mil-spec plate.
I actually like the single point sling attached to the SB-3.

STEEL QD inserts ONLY for QD. NO exceptions. If you don't know for a fact that it's steel IMO throw it away. I've used BCM and MagPul with good results and am certain others are reliable, but this is NOT the place to pinch pennies or go with the unknown.

I kind of figured that but I've got a CAA adjustable stock that will not hold QD swivels, it has as 2 holes with 4 attachment access and they all pull out with minimal pressure.
Ive had various success with QD swivels pulling out, mfg tolerances vary greatly. Ive found Magpul swivels work well with Magpul sockets but when you start mixing brands its hit or miss. Your end plate is too thick, just replace it with a thinner one they are cheap. Another thing that worked for me was buying a cheap Grovetech QD sling swivel... and it fit the sockets that the Magpul swivels would pull out of plus the Magpul sockets.

Ive had various success with QD swivels pulling out, mfg tolerances vary greatly. Ive found Magpul swivels work well with Magpul sockets but when you start mixing brands its hit or miss. Your end plate is too thick, just replace it with a thinner one they are cheap. Another thing that worked for me was buying a cheap Grovetech QD sling swivel... and it fit the sockets that the Magpul swivels would pull out of plus the Magpul sockets.
I think of Grovetech as Industry Standard and not over-priced.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top