JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have had one in the past and it's a great little gun. I ended up getting rid of it and bought the XDm. I also bought a Glock 19 and a 23 plus a couple of M&P's and decided for conceal carry purposes I liked the M&P the best. The XDm had the best accuracy and the only thing I liked about the Glocks were how easy they were the fully strip and clean. I think the next XDm I will buy is going to be the XDs.

I have the XDm 9mm 3.8" in the subcompact size. I like the size, but I have large hands and so I find it to be a bit challenging to shoot really accurately with the gun (with the smaller-capacity magazine). I can shoot it within about 3" of center though and that might be good enough in a difficult situation.

I also like the compact size in that my wife could easily put it into her purse if needed, or I could put it into a coat pocket.

Peter

I would recommend you get some Pearce Grip Extension for your magazines. They make a world of difference and are pretty inexpensive.

See them here: Pearce Grips

I've shot 900 rounds with no failures of any kind. Ultra reliable and durable. For the price, I doubt you can do better. They had them for $399 at NW Armory for awhile, maybe they still are!

I originally bought the first XD sub-compact 9mm about five years ago. This was an amazing, durable, dependable all around good looking pistol that i had alot of fun with. I also used it for carry and put a crimson trace laser grip on it. I put about 2,500 rounds through this pistol (mostly the cheapest ammo i could find) and had maybe two stovepipes or jams. It is a little bulky for carry but can pack a 13 rd flush or 16 rd ext mag. I sold it to a friend and after having heard about some of xdm newer issues i still would strongly recommend the older model from which i found extreme dependability. Im sure the new xdm is also an awsome gun, but you can get the original model for about 440.00. Try it out, and have fun!

I had one about a year or so ago.... I shot very well with it. The trigger is really nice and mine had the extended mag so it fit better in my hand. I didn't dig the weight however and it wasn't a Glock lol.... not trying to be a Glock snob. Some people don't like the shiny mags on XD pistols but most of us are not navy seals trying to blend in at night in the middle of Iraq lol. IMO the XD pistols are sexy, reliable, and I would have no problem carrying one to defend my life. Some people don't like the grip safety either but as long as you hold and use the gun like it is meant to be used, you should have no issues. I have heard some people say the firing pin (vertical pin in the slide behind the chamber indicator) shatters over time from dry fire but I have no way of proving that.... I have had a few XD pistols and never seen that problem (granted I didn't keep my XD pistols for a long time).
If you don't find one locally, give bud's guns a try online and they have nice prices and good choices on color when it comes to the XD.

Thanks all.From what I've heard it sounds like I will own one of these in the future.found a place in Tacoma that has them for 400.00 and I plan to trade on my seriously flawed p95.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top