JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
image.jpg So I have had this rifle a long time. It is one of the "over stamped" SAR-3 rifles made in Greece. It is a beautifully built rifle. If you had the bolt out of this next to a Real HK it would hard or impossible to tell which is which. Compared to the later HK clones and imports this is a jewel. I never really realized how short the barrel is on this thing. I assume it was imported during or prior to the AWB with the standard HK style cage and then cut to be sold. The bolt face to the end of the barrel is like 16 1/32". The width of a fingernail over. I'd like to have a comp/flash hider on it but there does not seem to be an easy answer for that. The end of the barrel only measures .56, quite a bit smaller than the normal 5/8 thread for a .30 cal unit. I really am not sure how the barrels come out of these but yanking it for threading does not seem like its a easy task.

Any ideas?

Last Edited:
It is a HK design, It is not a CETME clone.

I was just making a comment about which came first. Most folks assume that CETME was a HK knock off, It was actually the other way around. The Germans did it better, But they didn't do it first :)

I hear they are hit and miss. My PTR ran great despite two less flutes in the chamber. I shot that PTR maybe 400 rounds. It even liked the tar sealed SA ammo. Soft trunions and the welds between the receiver and trunion tearing loose were reported.

The devil is in the details! And putting these guns together right is a precise task.

I found myself babying the PTR and shooting my HK. When I bought the PTR to save wear and tear on my HK!

It had to go!

Yeah, I had a real HK 91 back in the early 90's. I wish I would have held on to it. I really see the SAR-3 as a pretty good second choice though.

If I wasn't scared of someone botching the job I might just have a new HK pattern barrel put in this guy and mount a factory muzzle device. But I dont think it would take too much to make me really unhappy :)

I have had a hard time remembering for sure but I am about 80% sure I bought this new. Would have been in the early 90's

If this helps...I had a gas piston 762x39mm barrel from tnw...the threading was smaller than 5/8...so there has to be an option like 9/16" or something metric thats smaller than the standard 30cal 5/8" threading

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top