JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMAG0494.jpg Been a few tough days here .
My mom's dog Spike .had to be put down yesterday.he just had his 15 years Birthday on the 25th .and always manage to get in the photo . even though he was blind and deaf .
But lately he has been having some PROBLEMS. So on Friday afternoon .we had to put him down . 4023.jpeg IMG_20180606_191240.jpg MVIMG_20180317_161258.jpg IMAG0935.jpg IMAG0481.jpg

Last Edited:
Respectfully. I am sorry for your loss.

Every man has the right and duty to kill his own dog. I hands-on gave Goldie my 15+ old Yellow Lab that euthanasia IV push. Very hard to do no matter how it is done. Had to shoot some injured hunting dogs. Difficult to do.

This is hard to express but for me it was harder putting down dogs than it was to have terminal hospital patients die in my arms. Different. Some folks have no problem with both. I left the RN business due to all the death.

As a FF PM later RN I saw death practically every watch or shift. It was different.

Sorry to hear, bro.

Keep your chin up knowing you gave him a far better life than most dogs are blessed with.

On Thursday night down on the river in St. Helen's I saw Curtis Selgado. He sang a song called "I want my dog to live longer" if you get a chance it's worth listening to.

I don't know how to link it on myself or I would. [ cell phone ]

I hate seeing my dog grow older but there are worse things like seeing him suffer.

Last Edited:
God only made one mistake when creating the heavens and earth.... dogs didn't get a 75-90 year life-span.

I feel your pain @EPS , Spike is an awesome name for a Boston Terrier. I had a Boston Terrier named Bubba.... he was beyond awesome. He went blind in his old age, but the little bugger would woof/bark and actually echo-locate his way around like a bat!

There was nothing wrong with his sense of smell.... one day the little bastige sniffed out and ate every strawberry off the plants my wife had toiled over for weeks.... LOL!

It's been several years since he died, and I still miss him.
42181B50-58BE-425D-A7DD-8E3138DBA9EE.jpeg

God only made one mistake when creating the heavens and earth.... dogs didn't get a 75-90 year life-span.

I feel your pain @EPS , Spike is an awesome name for a Boston Terrier. I had a Boston Terrier named Bubba.... he was beyond awesome. He went blind in his old age, but the little bugger would woof/bark and actually echo-locate his way around like a bat!

There was nothing wrong with his sense of smell.... one day the little bastige sniffed out and ate every strawberry off the plants my wife had toiled over for weeks.... LOL!

It's been several years since he died, and I still miss him.
View attachment 494971
Spike was blind and deaf for the last year and a half .but we found out a little bit ago that he had a brain tumor and and he quickly went from being able to get around to not able to do lots of stuff by himself and really bad seizures

On Thursday night down on the river in St. Helen's I saw Curtis Selgado. He sang a song called "I want my dog to live longer" if you get a chance it's worth listening to.

I don't know how to link it on myself or I would. [ cell phone ]

I hate seeing my dog grow older but there are worse things like seeing him suffer.

That's a good song, @JRuby

Here's a link to have a listen:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews