JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, some cases drop right back into the chamber they were fired in and others don't.
This seems like a simple explanation for this but all things considered it is best description.

I have experienced it with many bolt action rifles over the years and always just decided if FL resized and trimmed brass fit properly in the chamber then I didn't concern myself with it any further.

Thats what I am doing and it seems to work great so far. I just show my firs 3 reloads (49.5gr IMR-4064 powder w/ Sierra 168gr BPHP bullets) and was able to group them under 1 inch @ 100 yards. Good time starts now. I will now load 50 some more cases using the exact same charge and keep varying bullet seating. Time to go start loading the cases.

Just a suggestion, but I have found better results when I work up an accuracy load by finding the widest accuracy node by varying powder charge before I ever start messing with bullet seating depth. You may be able to cut those groups down a good amount with powder charge adjustments and finding happy combustion. After that adjusting seating depth to find the sweet spot in harmonics will further increase accuracy.

Just a suggestion, but I have found better results when I work up an accuracy load by finding the widest accuracy node by varying powder charge before I ever start messing with bullet seating depth. You may be able to cut those groups down a good amount with powder charge adjustments and finding happy combustion. After that adjusting seating depth to find the sweet spot in harmonics will further increase accuracy.
I made another tread about my reloading (tried to keep my reloading separate from my rifle topic) and I am done with bullet seatings. I found the optimum OGIVE that gave me 5-shot 0.8in group. Now I am going back to change powder amount and see how that goes. I think my 49.5gr charge is about the MAX and will try lower powder changes to see.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top