JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is my school's policy on "stuff"...

I don't see anything that pertains to a ccp...

But it could be that I am too dumb to understand...

What are your interpretations?...

Firearms, Weapons, And Destructive Devices Free Environment

The College is committed to preventing workplace violence and to maintaining a safe work and learning environment. The College strictly prohibits any person, including students and employees, from being in possession of or giving the appearance of being in possession of any firearm, weapon, or destructive device as defined by law, while on College business, or at any other time while in College owned or controlled buildings, offices, premises, sites or vehicles, or at activities under the jurisdiction or sponsorship of the College. College property also includes that portion of any other building occupied by the College on a permanent or temporary basis.

A sheriff, police officer, other duly appointed peace officer or a corrections officer may possess a firearm on the College campus while acting within the scope of employment.

Employees may possess and use tools such as knives, picks, shovels and other implements necessary to perform his/her job.

Persons who apply for or obtain a protective or restraining order that lists College locations as being protected areas are required to provide Public Safety with a copy of the petition and declarations used to seek the order, a copy of any temporary protective or restraining order that is granted, and a copy of any protective or restraining order that is made permanent.

Preventative Measures
The following measures shall be taken to effectively implement this regulation and maintain a safe working and learning environment:

Pre-employment screening, including criminal background and reference checks, will be conducted to reduce the risk of hiring individuals with a history of violent behavior.
The College encourages employees to bring his/her disputes or differences with other employees to the attention of his/her supervisor or the Human Resources Department before the situation escalates into potential violence. Students are encouraged to bring his/her disputes or differences with other students or staff to the attention of the Public Safety Office before the situation escalates into potential violence.
All employees will be reminded each year to review the Colleges Emergency Procedures Safety Handbook.
The College will take necessary corrective action to reduce all identified risks.
Responsibility to Report
All College employees are responsible to report to his/her supervisor and/or Public Safety of any knowledge that a person possesses or gives the appearance of being in possession of any firearm, weapon, or destructive device while that person is on College business, or at any other time while in College owned or controlled buildings, office, premises, sites or vehicles, or at activities under the jurisdiction or sponsorship of the College.

Students are responsible to report to the Public Safety Office of any knowledge that a person possesses or gives the appearance of being in possession of any firearm, weapon, or destructive device while that person is on College business, or at any other time while in a College owned or controlled building, office, premises, site or vehicle, or at activities under the jurisdiction or sponsorship of the College.

Sanctions
Any person who violates this regulation is subject to:

Disciplinary proceedings, which may include but not limited to suspension, termination of employment, expulsion and/or criminal prosecution.
Reassignment of job duties.
Termination of any business relationship.
An order to leave the immediate premises or property owned or controlled by the College by a person in charge of College property and remain off College premises pending outcome of an investigation. The College will issue a decisive and appropriate response. Persons failing to comply with an order by a person in charge to leave or to remain off the immediate premises or property owned or controlled by the District are subject to arrest for criminal trespass.
Definitions

"Dangerous Weapon" means a weapon, device, instrument, material or substance, by whatever name known, animate or inanimate, which under circumstances in which it is used, attempted to be used or threatened to be used, is readily capable of causing death or serious physical injury, unless such possession is authorized by the College in the performance of the employees job duties. Examples of dangerous weapons and firearms include, but are not limited to:
A device designed to expel a projectile by the action of black powder, smokeless powder, compressed air, gas, compressed spring or by any chemical action, and which is readily capable for use as a weapon.
A breech-loading firearm in which there is an unexpended cartridge or shell in or attached to the firearm including but not limited to, in a chamber, magazine or clip that is attached to the firearm.
A muzzle-loading firearm that is capped or primed and has a powder charge and ball, shot or projectile in the barrel or cylinder.
Any knife having a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or centrifugal force; any dirk, dagger, ice pick, slingshot, metal knuckles; or any similar instrument or knife other than an ordinary pocket knife by the use of which injury could be inflicted upon the person or property of any other person.
Mace, tear gas, pepper mace or any similar deleterious agent. Note: Mace and pepper spray that employees and students carry for his/her personal protection in coming to and leaving work, and pocket knives with 4-inch or shorter non-spring-loaded blades will not be considered weapons provided they are kept concealed.
An electrical stun gun or any similar instrument.
A tear gas weapon.
A club, bat, baton, billy club, bludgeon, knobkerrie, nunchaku, nightstick, truncheon or any similar instrument, the use of which could inflict injury upon a person or property;
A blowgun, any hunting or target bow and arrow, crossbow, or explosive device.
A straight razor.
Noxious, irritating, incendiary, or poisonous gases, poisons, and drugs.
"Destructive Device" means:
A projectile containing an explosive or incendiary material, poison gas component or any other chemical substance; or
A bomb, grenade, rocket, missile, mine, or similar device or any launching device therefore.
Legal References
ORS 161.015
ORS 166.210 - 166.382
OAR 576-065-0010

Oh, and this is a Community College... So does that make it public land?...

Well I say......... have your Conceal Handgun License and pack a nice pistol (glock sub compact, kel Tec p3at, etc.) and make sure you conceal it good so it doesn't fall out or anything and go about your business. When/If crap hits the fan...... then you can use your best judgement and do what you gotta do.

-OR-

You can NOT carry a firearm and WHEN/IF there is ever a shooting and people are getting killed you can depend on POLICE to come save your behind. You can put your life in someone else's hands and wait minutes or hours when seconds count........

Why can POLICE or whoever that is listed in the policy carry on campus? because they need to be able to use deadly force if it's called for....... right?

So I would rather go to court for saving lives including my own and be judged by 12, then to be carried to be buried by 6. No one has the right to take away my right to defend my life or an innocent life. If that is a problems then they can have armed guards posted everywhere........ that way when some crazy loon comes to shoot up a place he can be taken out right away............. then I will make sure I don't carry in gun free zone.

But if they have metal detectors then that would make it really hard..... i don't know how I would conceal carry :s0064:. I would probably go to a different school or home school hahahahahahaha...... thats how I feel about my weapons........ If i wanted to move to a different state and that state had california gun laws........ i'd pass on that state lol straight up.:s0123:

If they really wanted to have a gun free zone, they would have metal detectors, have armed guards etc. just like at the white house lol........ make sure they don't just turn the mall to a free killing zone by making it a gun free zone like they do now days... so they must be lazy and think of it as population control......... or ...... they wanna use "OH IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE" excuse.....we have trillions of dollars getting spent on black projects in this country but we don't have any money to provide a true safe environment or whatever.... It is all about control, that is the bottom line.... well i'm doing just fine, i don't need to be controlled.... I live my life without harming anyone unless my life or family's life is in danger. I have years of experience and my past proves that i am not violent and I am licensed to carry a loaded firearm........ that should be good enough.... because laws don't stop crazy people that go on a shooting spree..... but my glock could.

Oh, and this is a Community College... So does that make it public land?...

https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/bills_laws/ors/ors166.html

166.360 Definitions for ORS 166.360 to 166.380
(4) "Public building" means a hospital, a capitol building, a public or private school, as defined in ORS 339.315, a college or university, a city hall or the residence of any state official elected by the state at large, and the grounds adjacent to each such building. The term also includes that portion of any other building occupied by an agency of the state or a municipal corporation, as defined in ORS 297.405, other than a court facility.

(3) As used in this section, "school" means:

(a) A public or private institution of learning providing instruction at levels kindergarten through grade 12, or their equivalents, or any part thereof;

(b) The grounds adjacent to the institution; and

(c) Any site or premises that at the time is being used exclusively for a student program or activity that is sponsored or sanctioned by the institution, a public school district, an education service district or a voluntary organization approved by the State Board of Education under ORS 339.430 and that is posted as such.

(4) For purposes of subsection (3)(c) of this section, a site or premises is posted as such when the sponsoring or sanctioning entity has posted a notice identifying the sponsoring or sanctioning entity and stating, in substance, that the program or activity is a school function and that the possession of firearms or dangerous weapons in or on the site or premises is prohibited under ORS 166.370. [1999 c.577 §1]

If it's anything like OSU/PSU, they still have a "rule" that states students aren't allowed to bring guns on campus, even if they have a permit. Even though this rule violates the law (because it's a publically funded university), no one has really challanged them on it yet. If you are caught carrying, they will most likely expel you from school (Did you sign some kind of student agreement when you applied there?).

That being said, just make sure you don't get caught. I'd rather be alive than have a degree.

:s0114::s0155:
If it's anything like OSU/PSU, they still have a "rule" that states students aren't allowed to bring guns on campus, even if they have a permit. Even though this rule violates the law (because it's a publically funded university), no one has really challanged them on it yet. If you are caught carrying, they will most likely expel you from school (Did you sign some kind of student agreement when you applied there?).

That being said, just make sure you don't get caught. I'd rather be alive than have a degree.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top