Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Speaking of Schools...

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Razloga, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Razloga

Razloga Oregon Member

This is my school's policy on "stuff"...

I don't see anything that pertains to a ccp...

But it could be that I am too dumb to understand...

What are your interpretations?...

Oh, and this is a Community College... So does that make it public land?...

2. bcp

bcp SW WA Member

There go their golf, baseball, and cheerleading programs.

Bruce

3. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

:rofl1:

4. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Well I say......... have your Conceal Handgun License and pack a nice pistol (glock sub compact, kel Tec p3at, etc.) and make sure you conceal it good so it doesn't fall out or anything and go about your business. When/If crap hits the fan...... then you can use your best judgement and do what you gotta do.

-OR-

You can NOT carry a firearm and WHEN/IF there is ever a shooting and people are getting killed you can depend on POLICE to come save your behind. You can put your life in someone else's hands and wait minutes or hours when seconds count........

Why can POLICE or whoever that is listed in the policy carry on campus? because they need to be able to use deadly force if it's called for....... right?

So I would rather go to court for saving lives including my own and be judged by 12, then to be carried to be buried by 6. No one has the right to take away my right to defend my life or an innocent life. If that is a problems then they can have armed guards posted everywhere........ that way when some crazy loon comes to shoot up a place he can be taken out right away............. then I will make sure I don't carry in gun free zone.

But if they have metal detectors then that would make it really hard..... i don't know how I would conceal carry :lolbeat:. I would probably go to a different school or home school hahahahahahaha...... thats how I feel about my weapons........ If i wanted to move to a different state and that state had california gun laws........ i'd pass on that state lol straight up.:nono:

If they really wanted to have a gun free zone, they would have metal detectors, have armed guards etc. just like at the white house lol........ make sure they don't just turn the mall to a free killing zone by making it a gun free zone like they do now days... so they must be lazy and think of it as population control......... or ...... they wanna use "OH IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE" excuse.....we have trillions of dollars getting spent on black projects in this country but we don't have any money to provide a true safe environment or whatever.... It is all about control, that is the bottom line.... well i'm doing just fine, i don't need to be controlled.... I live my life without harming anyone unless my life or family's life is in danger. I have years of experience and my past proves that i am not violent and I am licensed to carry a loaded firearm........ that should be good enough.... because laws don't stop crazy people that go on a shooting spree..... but my glock could.

5. Fjolnirsson

Fjolnirsson Western Oregon Member

http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/166.html

166.360 Definitions for ORS 166.360 to 166.380
    (4) “Public building” means a hospital, a capitol building, a public or private school, as defined in ORS 339.315, a college or university, a city hall or the residence of any state official elected by the state at large, and the grounds adjacent to each such building. The term also includes that portion of any other building occupied by an agency of the state or a municipal corporation, as defined in ORS 297.405, other than a court facility.

(3) As used in this section, “school” means:

(a) A public or private institution of learning providing instruction at levels kindergarten through grade 12, or their equivalents, or any part thereof;

(b) The grounds adjacent to the institution; and

(c) Any site or premises that at the time is being used exclusively for a student program or activity that is sponsored or sanctioned by the institution, a public school district, an education service district or a voluntary organization approved by the State Board of Education under ORS 339.430 and that is posted as such.

(4) For purposes of subsection (3)(c) of this section, a site or premises is posted as such when the sponsoring or sanctioning entity has posted a notice identifying the sponsoring or sanctioning entity and stating, in substance, that the program or activity is a school function and that the possession of firearms or dangerous weapons in or on the site or premises is prohibited under ORS 166.370. [1999 c.577 §1]

6. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

If it's anything like OSU/PSU, they still have a "rule" that states students aren't allowed to bring guns on campus, even if they have a permit. Even though this rule violates the law (because it's a publically funded university), no one has really challanged them on it yet. If you are caught carrying, they will most likely expel you from school (Did you sign some kind of student agreement when you applied there?).

That being said, just make sure you don't get caught. I'd rather be alive than have a degree.

7. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

:laugh::thumbup: