JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$975
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Lincoln City
State
Oregon
Zip Code
This is unusual, and very, very cute. There is no maker stamped on the gun. Far as I can determine from the proof marks, it is Spanish. Small and light, it is a pleasure to hold. The bore is excellent; it was obviously shot very little. The rear sight is an abomination. Of further interest is a stamp on the barrel, above the serial number: B.O.P.E. 10291. If anyone knows more about it, I would love to hear. I made a new trigger spring, as the trigger pull was so heavy, I could just barely fire it with two fingers. it is fun to shoot. Turns out, BOPE is Batalhao de Operacoes Policiais Especiais. Thanks to Gaucho Gringo. IMG_9906.JPG IMG_9907.JPG IMG_9910.JPG IMG_9911.JPG IMG_9912.JPG
I added a photo showing the relative size of this rifle, compared to the usual .45-70. One could call it petite, but it doesn't match exactly any of the versions shown in Marcot's book, "Remington Rolling block Rifles, Carbines & Shotguns.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
B.P.O.E. is usually the Benevolent and Protective Order of the Elks, or Elks Lodge as it is commonly referred to. Perhaps a raffle prize or present for service to the lodge??

Well, it is "B.O.P.E", which I will correct in the listing. Also, the Brazilian force wasn't formed until 1978. The proof marks would seem to put this in the 1930's at the latest. Any other ideas?

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top