JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Would you consider multiple messages to different people with the same topic but worded differently spam?
For example: I've got some camping equipment I'm trying to get rid of. It's been used for about a week before life happened and it's been packed up since. So I've been posting inquiries on classified posts with a similar value. I got one warning for copy paste text. Okay, that's fair. So I started writing differently worded posts with the same "are you considering trades?" Or some variation of "would you be interested trading for a roof top tent"?. Banned.
Would you, consider the second course of action also spam?

I am too drunk right now to read through your post; however, I think that it's normal for any new user to be under scrutiny if they are copying and pasting the same replies... especially because this is a common tactic of a spam bot.

-Robert

As a general rule it's not whether YOU consider your "inquiries" to be spam ...
...it's whether the recipients of your inquiries could/would consider them to be spam.

So in this example .... if you're looking for a yes/no answer ....YES, it's spam.
(possibly lo-cal or low-fat spam, even that canned ham stuff, but it's still being perceived by it's recipient as spam)

I suppose the lesson learned is; if the ad doesn't ask for trades... they really don't want trades.

Good intentions or evil intent are hard to be differentiated online, so just assuming the worst is usually the standard default position for most people/forums now. That it seems to bug you enough to even wonder about it, says you're probably a nice guy with no ulterior motive and just wanted to move your stuff and got slapped... learn, move-on, keep smilin',

As a general rule it's not whether YOU consider your "inquiries" to be spam ...
...it's whether the recipients of your inquiries could/would consider them to be spam.

So in this example .... if you're looking for a yes/no answer ....YES, it's spam.
(possibly lo-cal or low-fat spam, even that canned ham stuff, but it's still being perceived by it's recipient as spam)

I suppose the lesson learned is; if the ad doesn't ask for trades... they really don't want trades.

Good intentions or evil intent are hard to be differentiated online, so just assuming the worst is usually the standard default position for most people/forums now. That it seems to bug you enough to even wonder about it, says you're probably a nice guy with no ulterior motive and just wanted to move your stuff and got slapped... learn, move-on, keep smilin',
If the ad specifically said no trades I moved on

I am too drunk right now to read through your post; however, I think that it's normal for any new user to be under scrutiny if they are copying and pasting the same replies... especially because this is a common tactic of a spam bot.

-Robert
I've been here for a few weeks now so I wouldn't say I'm all that new. At first yeah, I copied and pasted. Post warning for that I stopped and typed out differ messages

So I've been posting inquiries on classified posts with a similar value. I got one warning for copy paste text.

It is against forum rules to discuss staff / moderators actions over the open forum.

If you have a issue or question regarding the actions taken by a moderator....
Contact the moderator in question or Joe Link.

With that said....
The answer given , may not be the one you want or on your timeline.
This is said , not to be snarky , just said in the interest of real expectations .

Thread is closed.
Andy

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads