JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Apologies in advance for what may be a stupid question but I ordered a 7.5" barrel and when it arrived today the total length was actually 7.5 making it actually a hair under a 7" barrel from bolt face to tip of thread. With the muzzle device I plan to use it it was supposed to come out at about 10.28" but it's coming out to 9.5", which is the exact length of the rail I plan to use. My question is, how feasible is it to use a spacer (or maybe even multiple crush washers?) so that the total length extends to 10"? I have about 6 full rotations with the muzzle device in the below picture

20140404_185832.jpg 20140404_185717.jpg

I don't but that part will be hiding under the rail anyway. Rail is 9.5 and only about .5 or .6 of the muzzle device will be protruding out. If you know anyone willing to make a spacer I'd be more than happy to pay.

Edit: Or would I be better off buying these if they're useable? <broken link removed>

Last Edited:
Looks to be about .450" at 1/2x28... I believe the standard threaded length is .630" or something like that.... will my muzzle device be ok with only the little room it has to be torqued on after the spacer is installed?

Edit: Actually nevermind! I contacted the manufacturer of the muzzle device and they'll do a custom extended one for me. Thanks for your help and generosity Velzey.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR