JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just recently got a baretta .40 caliber, I would like to say I am amazed with the way the barrel locks in place by the locking block. My specific model is the 96D..... I have heard people "moan and groan" about this specific model. I put 80 rounds of winchester 180 grain hollow tips, through it. Not a problem. I thought the trigger pull was so smoooooth. I also have heard bad things about the open slide design.

The Beretta 92/96 are very fine handguns made by a very solid company. The trigger action is outstanding for DA/SA style gun.

When the military adopted the M-9 (9mm version of the pistol) we had a number of problems, mostly with the locking block. I would take a group of shooters to the range and have 2-3 locking blocks in my pocket ready to go. Beretta addressed this problem and later I would rarely have problems with the guns on the line. They do not care for harsh (read dirty) environments and must be kept clean. This is not a problem in most civilian use situations.

Enjoy your pistol, shoot the heck out of it and don't worry about the potential problems. If you have a problem Beretta will take care of it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top