JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just recently got a baretta .40 caliber, I would like to say I am amazed with the way the barrel locks in place by the locking block. My specific model is the 96D..... I have heard people "moan and groan" about this specific model. I put 80 rounds of winchester 180 grain hollow tips, through it. Not a problem. I thought the trigger pull was so smoooooth. I also have heard bad things about the open slide design.

The Beretta 92/96 are very fine handguns made by a very solid company. The trigger action is outstanding for DA/SA style gun.

When the military adopted the M-9 (9mm version of the pistol) we had a number of problems, mostly with the locking block. I would take a group of shooters to the range and have 2-3 locking blocks in my pocket ready to go. Beretta addressed this problem and later I would rarely have problems with the guns on the line. They do not care for harsh (read dirty) environments and must be kept clean. This is not a problem in most civilian use situations.

Enjoy your pistol, shoot the heck out of it and don't worry about the potential problems. If you have a problem Beretta will take care of it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top